• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 Playoffs Thread

hk47

So, I was having dinner with my brother and sister in law tonight and my brother in law asks around 7:45 "what channel is the Spurs-Warriors game on tonight? Is there a local broadcast?"

I say "I don't know, let me check."

I pull up ESPN mobile to check the time and channel. I see that information and give him the answer.

I also see a link saying "tickets from $1" available on Stubhub. A minute later, we've bought tickets for $7 each.

An hour later we roll into the ATT Center minutes before tip off.

Epic game. Good times.

Yep. I was absolutely shocked.

At it wasn't like they were the only tickets priced like that.

There were at least 50 seats available on Stubhub an hour before the game for something like $4 or less. Granted, they were extreme nosebleeds, but after fees they were going for something like 15% of face value.

I just checked right now (around the same time I saw them on Monday) and the lowest priced ticket(s) available in the upper level are going for $60. I guess that game on Monday fired the Spurs fans up.

It was pretty amazing. I couldn't help but cheer for them when they were coming back from 16 down with 3 and a half minutes left.

Frank Vogel is an ultimate micro manager. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--after-lebron-james--last-second-layup-beats-pacers--roy-hibbert-vows-not-to-sit-quietly-again-071555463.html

WTF?   Keep your defensive stalwart in the post out of the game TWICE in the last 10 seconds, and of course LeBron lays in the winner, because Hibbert wasn't in the game? 

Vogel is worried that Hibbert would go out to meet Bosh?

WTF?   He's Chris Bosh, not a true standout!   Chris freaking Bosh!   How many post-season games has he won with a late shot?

Frank Vogel is an ultimate micro manager. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--after-lebron-james--last-second-layup-beats-pacers--roy-hibbert-vows-not-to-sit-quietly-again-071555463.html

WTF?   Keep your defensive stalwart in the post out of the game TWICE in the last 10 seconds, and of course LeBron lays in the winner, because Hibbert wasn't in the game? 

Vogel is worried that Hibbert would go out to meet Bosh?

WTF?   He's Chris Bosh, not a true standout!   Chris freaking Bosh!   How many post-season games has he won with a late shot?

Yeah, Hibbert should have been in the game.

Birdman for his flying elbow drop needs at least a 5 game suspension. Make flop fines actually worth a damn, you say one bad thing about a ref, it's $50k. Flops are worse than that, it makes the league look bad. How long until Stern retires and the league can attempt to become respectable again?

Birdman for his flying elbow drop needs at least a 5 game suspension. Make flop fines actually worth a damn, you say one bad thing about a ref, it's $50k. Flops are worse than that, it makes the league look bad. How long until Stern retires and the league can attempt to become respectable again?

He retires Feb. 1, 2014.