• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

24 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Cartoon2.21.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

He's not funny anymore dude, actually quite boring.  Fear through comics is best left for zombie attacks. Some insurers have been insuring illegals without licenses for a while. Many do travel daily back and forth across borders, I know that scares the shit out of you.  Having a license one could say would make it easier for some to obtain insurance.  Most only get liability but you get rammed on the highway what would be your biggest concern?  Mine was, having my truck rear ended and totaled by a truck pulling a trailer loaded with mowers, was that they had insurance and not a drivers license. No insurance, I would have paid for it.

Progressive, who he uses the sign to make a funny, likely has a substandard company providing insurance to illegals. 

I know, I know, give them a license they will all go vote (D). That really isn't true. I am not saying it is a good idea but if they are going to be on the road it is a good idea they can obtain insurance. 

I do need to look into the free stuff my drivers license gets me as he is advertising there. We can all go to the Ritz in Cancun, all expenses are on me.  I'll just show them my drivers license. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

On 2/21/2021 at 7:19 AM, Redondo said:

Dem governor blasted for spending on food, dry cleaning, booze

New Mexico’s Democrat governor is on the defensive after a report this week detailed her office’s spending from a taxpayer-supported expense fund.

Records show Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham spent nearly $13,500 over a six-month period in 2020 on items such as groceries, dry cleaning and alcohol, the Sante Fe New Mexican reported.

The booze spending included a purchase in September of more than $200 for five bottles of tequila, two bottles of vodka, two bottles of Merlot and single bottles of whiskey and gin, the report said.

In the same report, the newspaper disclosed that Grisham was hosting in-person staff meetings at the governor’s mansion at the same time that she was urging the public against mixing households in order to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Texas Electric Bills Were $28 Billion Higher Under Deregulation
https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-electric-bills-were-28-billion-higher-under-deregulation-11614162780

Texas’s deregulated electricity market, which was supposed to provide reliable power at a lower price, left millions in the dark last week. For two decades, its customers have paid more for electricity than state residents who are served by traditional utilities, a Wall Street Journal analysis has found.

Nearly 20 years ago, Texas shifted from using full-service regulated utilities to generate power and deliver it to consumers. The state deregulated power generation, creating the system that failed last week. And it required nearly 60% of consumers to buy their electricity from one of many retail power companies, rather than a local utility.

Step 1: Deregulate the energy market.

Step 2: Energy providers increase their prices due to lack of competition and regulation.

Step 3: Texans pay way more for electricity.

Step 4: ??? 

Step 4b: Emergency situation leads to energy crisis.

Step 5: Profit (for the power companies)

53 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Texas Electric Bills Were $28 Billion Higher Under Deregulation
https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-electric-bills-were-28-billion-higher-under-deregulation-11614162780

Step 1: Deregulate the energy market.

Step 2: Energy providers increase their prices due to lack of competition and regulation.

Step 3: Texans pay way more for electricity.

Step 4: ??? 

Step 4b: Emergency situation leads to energy crisis.

Step 5: Profit (for the power companies)

Yep, I'm very thankful that we get our electricity from a utility co-op and not a retail company.

Some people are getting absolutely reamed.

8 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Yep, I'm very thankful that we get our electricity from a utility co-op and not a retail company.

Some people are getting absolutely reamed.

I'm wondering if lawsuits will be coming out of this.  Texas does have a price gouging law.  You would think this would fall under that.

https://www.patriotsoftware.com/blog/accounting/price-gouging-laws-by-state/#:~:text=Some businesses may price gouge,a type of consumer protection.

Texas

Here’s a look at Texas’ laws against price gouging:  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'm wondering if lawsuits will be coming out of this.  Texas does have a price gouging law.  You would think this would fall under that.

https://www.patriotsoftware.com/blog/accounting/price-gouging-laws-by-state/#:~:text=Some businesses may price gouge,a type of consumer protection.

In liberal California, the power companies got a slap on the wrist for starting major wildfires. Do you think they'll really face any consequences in Texas?

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Lol they aren’t price gouging.  

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s all the same shit.  Privatized utilities didn’t do maintenance or anything to ensure continuity of service because that would have cost money.  The only efficiency they’re interested in is efficiently making as much profit as possible at all times.  

It's unfortunate that we, as consumers, can't just shop around when deciding on utility companies and dump them when they are shit. These companies have a pretty good thing going for themselves 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's unfortunate that we, as consumers, can't just shop around when deciding on utility companies and dump them when they are shit. These companies have a pretty good thing going for themselves 

Dude.  Think about what you’re saying.  What the hell are you talking about.  “Shop around”.  It a fucking power plant dawg.  How many power lines do you think all these competitors are going to lay ? It’s not a clothing store choice.  

electricity.  This thing everyone needs and our entire civilization runs on isn’t a regular consumer good. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I have good set rates for gas and electric which run till the end of the year. Have a feeling this may make them spike up when I have to renew. There is so much competition for your electricity you get stuff in the mail constantly, we will pay off the fee for leaving your last company, we will give you this much free, etc, gotta read the bottom line. Water is the monopoly where I live.  I have the valve for the cul-de-sac fire hydrant out in front of my house.  They came and tore up my yard and the street and never said anything and did an auto draft of $4800 for water that month.  Had a water dept. dude out and you could see where they laid new sod in my yard and redid the street in a line right to the hydrant and he said you just used too much water, we had nobody working here.  5 months later I got paid back, had something to do with the HOA but nobody was fessing up. The guy that reads my meter is Charles Xavier.  He just scans it from somewhere else. The top of it is grease penciled now and the meter is covered in dirt, nobody reads it. Needless to say, I no longer have utilities on auto draft.  

Texas where we gave you Enron and ERCOT