• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

So I see this thing that they're not playing Kate Smith's "God Bless America" anymore because apparently she had some songs in her catalog that were "kind of racist."  I'm thinking, "Oh boy ... here we go.  Another fact outrage "news" items."  Then I saw the lyrics.  WT actual F?!?!

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 7.43.46 AM.png

God Bless America wasn't written by Kate Smith and has been sung by a multitude of singers. This is faux outrage, the song itself is not an issue. The issue is people that want to cast a wide enough net to eliminate everything they don't like. 

Personally I hate Kate Smith's rendition, it grates on my ears. So no matter what performer sings the song I still hear Smith's shrill voice and will mute it on tv. 

But that has nothing to do with the actual lyrics or score. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

50 minutes ago, Blarg said:

God Bless America wasn't written by Kate Smith and has been sung by a multitude of singers. This is faux outrage, the song itself is not an issue. The issue is people that want to cast a wide enough net to eliminate everything they don't like. 

Personally I hate Kate Smith's rendition, it grates on my ears. So no matter what performer sings the song I still hear Smith's shrill voice and will mute it on tv. 

But that has nothing to do with the actual lyrics or score. 

No one is upset with the song itself.  People seem to be upset that Kate's ear grating renditions continues to be played given the other songs (like the one above) in her catalog. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

This is the type of shit that happens when you have decades long wars. People lose their minds and do terrible acts. Hopefully those that commit atrocities are held responsible since all they do is create more enemies.

Bring our troops home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_massacre

If history is any indicator, probably not. But no worries, five children under the age of ten are dead so who cares, right?

/sigh.  This isn't going to end well.

England, Wales to urge crime victims to hand over phones

It means that victims of rape and other crimes who agree to provide access to their mobile phones, laptops, smart watches and other devices will have their emails, texts and photographs available to authorities.

The consent form warns that withholding access could lead to cases being dropped.

8 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Maybe. Proper security could be expensive.

Something has to be done though.

Even if a national gun confiscation were to be successful, like a few Democrats want, you would have to patrol the southern border very carefully to make sure future school shooters don't acquire their guns from Mexico.

@Tank, please select your weapon of choice by Monday.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I think it’d be a much better idea to hire more security.

this just seems like such a bad idea to me.

I don't know Tank.  When I hear security, a few things come to mind.  Unarmed.  Not good enough to be a cop.  Higher chance to run.  Higher chance to shoot themselves or others by accident.