• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fertilizer plant explosion in Texas

I remember an ex telling me a story when she lived in WV near the river.  It was where Beyer and those types had their commercial plants.  One of which was a fertilizer plant, which exploded.  People were told to pretty much stay indoors, and she said the air still burned.  

This type of fertilizer is what was used in the OK City bombings, so the scope really doesn't surprise me.  I'm surprised it doesn't happen more though.

was thinking about the timing of this event and realized that this week has been, for the last 20 years, a pretty horrific week in the u.s.

apr 19, '93 - ATF and FBI lower the boom on the branch dividians in waco, tx.

apr 19, '95 - timothy mcveigh sets off massive bomb outside federal building in okc, killing 168

apr 20, 99 - columbine shootings

apr 15, '03 - boston marathon bombing

i'm thinking the chances of this being an attack from a domestic group is pretty high.

From the Boston Marathon thread.  Tank posted this.  

But makes you wonder if there is a connection.  April 18th.  A small town just outside of Waco, TX.  With OKC using fertilizer.  

Holy shit, that's a wild video... That's a tough little girl there; I hope they're both ok.

I don't know much about fighting fires at fertilizer plants, but I'm afraid the first-responder toll is gonna be higher.  Again, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the first responders has been arrested and charged with "posession of a destructive device" after a criminal probe of the plant explosion was launched.

Authorities won't specify if this is connected to the blast.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/texas-fertilizer-blast-paramedic-_n_3254291.html?1368209623