• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tropeano scratched from Bees start

Weaver must not be ready.   Tropeano must be headed to Anaheim.

Personally, I think it's in the best interest of the Angels to play the rest of the year with Trop and Heaney in the rotation.   Find out what you have, let the next GM be able to make the critical decisions that need to be made moving forward.  They already decided not to part with the farm -- may as well find out what pieces they want to keep moving forward.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Personally, I think it's in the best interest of the Angels to play the rest of the year with Trop and Heaney in the rotation. Find out what you have, let the next GM be able to make the critical decisions that need to be made moving forward. They already decided not to part with the farm -- may as well find out what pieces they want to keep moving forward.

If there your best options ... they yes. If not ... then 100% no.

The players are playing for a championship.

Personally, I think it's in the best interest of the Angels to play the rest of the year with Trop and Heaney in the rotation.   Find out what you have, let the next GM be able to make the critical decisions that need to be made moving forward.  They already decided not to part with the farm -- may as well find out what pieces they want to keep moving forward.

I think it's probably in the best interest, not only to find out what we have but also because it's alarmingly clear that Weav may be done for good.  It's just hard to succeed as a fly ball pitcher when you're throwing that speed.  I think a lot of balls will end up leaving the yard.  I mean the argument could be made when he was throwing 87-88 that it didn't matter too much, and that would hold water.  When it was 85-86, it was a little concerning, but he was still marginally effective.  But when you're 82-84, it's hard to justify that pitcher being on the mound for a playoff caliber team (unless he's a knuckle-baller). 

Tropeano's a very solid starting pitcher.  The Angels acquired him for a reason and I think from here moving forward he'll be fulfilling that purpose. 

it will be interesting to see how weaver reacts and handles this going forward.   its not to say he can't have 3 or 4 game stretches of fooling batters into mishits...i just feel i can bat against him and its been 30 years since i have had a bat in my hand unless of course i am going after one of my kids or animals :)    

i think the cj thing is a bummer....as he is stuck on the angels for the duration of his contract.   if dipoto was here letting cj control the narrative would not have happened or any other in place GM.   

in theory we could have buyouts of the two next year.      I like trop and would like to see him...i think he has a great chance of sticking.   

I think it's probably in the best interest, not only to find out what we have but also because it's alarmingly clear that Weav may be done for good. It's just hard to succeed as a fly ball pitcher when you're throwing that speed. I think a lot of balls will end up leaving the yard. I mean the argument could be made when he was throwing 87-88 that it didn't matter too much, and that would hold water. When it was 85-86, it was a little concerning, but he was still marginally effective. But when you're 82-84, it's hard to justify that pitcher being on the mound for a playoff caliber team (unless he's a knuckle-baller).

Tropeano's a very solid starting pitcher. The Angels acquired him for a reason and I think from here moving forward he'll be fulfilling that purpose.

Is there any possibility that Weaver will try to add the knuckler during the off season?

I don't think so. Usually when guys do that, it's because they never found MLB success prior and use this as sort of an act of desperation. Weav has had extended success, but when you're arm is gone, there idng much to do about it. I think Weav's arm is either almost gone or gone.

Plus I can't picture his release and mechanics working with a knuckle.

If there your best options ... they yes. If not ... then 100% no.

The players are playing for a championship.

Fine, based on what we have seen of both Weaver and Tropeano, IMO Trop gives the team the best chance to win.  I'm not so sure that Nate Smith wouldn't give the Angels a better chance to win right now than Weaver.  It doesn't make me happy to see Weaver struggle like he has -- he's meant so much to the organization, but Father Time can be cruel.

Weaver has been the heart of this team for a long while now, this sucks seeing him decline so fast. I can't imagine him having a good knuckle ball either, his release and mechanics seem too complicated for it. 

Hopefully Weaver realizes his decline and doesn't hang around long enough to be one of those players that you say they should've retired 2-3 seasons earlier than they did. He's been a role model of a ball player, I hope the Angels' keep him around in some sort of coaching capacity.