• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Better to hope we get crushed?

As a Chargers fan, I was SHOCKED that Norv Turner and GM AJ Smith came back last year. I told my wife I hoped the team would just bomb so we could finally move on to a new regime. Horrible fan? Yes and no. I took a big step backwards at my last job because I needed a different type of experience which helped me land my new job.

Whether its Scioscia, Butcher, Dipoto...whatever, change is needed. It's not just about this season, it's the fact that we continually miss the playoffs recently. Is it better to just continue the skid until a change. Hs to be made? I'd rather lost the next ten and make something happen later in the year than to be 12 games out at theAS Break with the same issues and no hope for the future.

i'm rooting for a complete collapse to force Arte/Dipoto's hand.  Forest for the trees, people.

What if they are the two people most responsible for what's going on?  Not saying they are, but there is NO DENYING, that Dipoto chased some saber principles and right now -- it's not working out.

As ugly as this is right now, it's got to play out for a bit before they can start casting real blame.

lose? no way. i am hoping that we start streaking.  Even though i want Scioscia and butch fired, it would be nice to see the team turn it around with what they have. but thats a perfect world and we all know that the hammer is gonna fall sooner or later. hopefully sooner than later.    

It's kind of a self defeating attitude to take. Losing to hope for change to get better. I might be going out on limb, but that usually doesn't work. I just hope the Angels win, and if they don't, as a fan, I expect changes to be made.

they're a lot closer to being awful than they are to being great.  It's just unrealistic to think that they're going to magically turn it around.  Mediocrity is the enemy.

What if they are the two people most responsible for what's going on?  Not saying they are, but there is NO DENYING, that Dipoto chased some saber principles and right now -- it's not working out.

As ugly as this is right now, it's got to play out for a bit before they can start casting real blame.

I do believe Arte is at least partially to blame, but he's not going anywhere.  I also believe that whatever problems exist with the roster construction, the 25 guys I watch out there on a nightly basis look incredibly unmotivated and unprepared to play, and it's not just this year.  That's on Scioscia.

Do you guys really think changes will be made if were 10 games under .500 by the end of the month? I think we absolutely have to be 10+ back before the AS for changes to be made, and by then it might be too late.

that's why I'm secretly pulling for a nose-dive ASAP.  If this team really became a train-wreck by the end of April (and we're not that far from that being the case), I think changes would be made.  I either want that to happen or they miraculously turn things around and go on a tear - it's just that the former feels much more realistic, given what we've seen so far.  What I would hate to see happen is for the team to marginally improve and just play mediocre, uninspired ball the rest of the way, good enough to not be an embarrassment but not bad enough to spur any changes.

and I'll add that I think this superior "a real fan would never root for his/her team to lose" attitude is silly. another 85-87 win season doesn't do this team any good and just delays any sort of necessary change.  This team is seriously broken, and yet people continue to hope against hope that it will all just magically fix itself.  It's like trying to win a car race with a flat tire.  Just take the ****ing pit stop and fix the car.

that's why I'm secretly pulling for a nose-dive ASAP.  If this team really became a train-wreck by the end of April (and we're not that far from that being the case), I think changes would be made.  I either want that to happen or they miraculously turn things around and go on a tear - it's just that the former feels much more realistic, given what we've seen so far.  What I would hate to see happen is for the team to marginally improve and just play mediocre, uninspired ball the rest of the way, good enough to not be an embarrassment but not bad enough to spur any changes.

I think the Angels should have losing seasons for the next ten years, that way we can get multiple top draft choices and then be good in the mid-twenties.

and I'll add that I think this superior "a real fan would never root for his/her team to lose" attitude is silly. another 85-87 win season doesn't do this team any good and just delays any sort of necessary change.  This team is seriously broken, and yet people continue to hope against hope that it will all just magically fix itself.  It's like trying to win a car race with a flat tire.  Just take the ****ing pit stop and fix the car.

This. 

We should've made the necessary 'changes' this last offseason. Not wait until we dig ourselves into too deep of a hole to get out of first. As a fan I will cheer for the Angels to win every time they play, whether I agree with tactical decision by the manager, or strategic moves by the front office or not.