• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Better to hope we get crushed?

and I'll add that I think this superior "a real fan would never root for his/her team to lose" attitude is silly. another 85-87 win season doesn't do this team any good and just delays any sort of necessary change.  This team is seriously broken, and yet people continue to hope against hope that it will all just magically fix itself.  It's like trying to win a car race with a flat tire.  Just take the ****ing pit stop and fix the car.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure how tanking will help us in the future anyways.  It seems most agree that the problem stems from the front office downward as far as talent evaluation and player acquisitions are concerned, and even if we get high draft picks from a shitty season or get new coaches/management who's to say there would be any difference.  

We really need to find guys that can evaluate and coach pitching and scout international players, because finding pitchers via free agency in the near future is not going to happen with how teams are seemingly locking up every one of their promising young pitchers.  It's hard to salvage much when both our major and minor league teams are a train wreck.  If things keep going like this I feel like we should almost pull a Miami and start trading off some guys for young, high upside pitching, though I don't see that happening any time soon.  

The Angels could win the next 20 in a row and some people still won't be happy.  Even a WS title won't be enough for some.

Or maybe it's just a lot easier to accept sucking completely when there are no expectations whatsoever for your team.  The Angels get hyped seemingly more and more every year, and fall well short of anything resembling success.  If we had the talent/payroll of the Brewers/Padres/Royals/Pirates or etc., I wouldn't mind a 4-10 record if guys were developing and there is positivity on the horizon.  A 4-10 record when you have a lineup with Trout, Pujols, Hamilton, Trumbo and etc. with a bleak future outlook is probably the most depression comedy of errors that could happen.

The real question is when would you have a better chance at bringing in his successor?  In the beginning of the season or after the season?

If I am Moreno I would wait until the end of the season.  If at that point we're out of the playoffs, Sciosh gets the axe and I hire Clint Hurdle, whose contract is up after this season.  CH knows big offense, and would get these guys firing off quickly.

If you need blood to satisfy the urge, Butcher will be the sacrificial lamb.  And the best thing about it is he has it coming with years of underperformance.

I read a post last night where someone suggested, by suggested I mean he said, that Scioscia is losing on purpose that way he can go back to the Dodgers. So I give this thread about that same amount of credence as that opinion, none.

After reading that post I was like "yeah that's enough internet for me for the night"

I read a post last night where someone suggested, by suggested I mean he said, that Scioscia is losing on purpose that way he can go back to the Dodgers. So I give this thread about that same amount of credence as that opinion, none.

He's losing on purpose to quell his feelings of disappointment by eating more food.  You heard it here first!

<rolls eyes>

mp170, I know you don't care for me or my posts, but is there a chance we can put an end to the Scioscia likes to eat posts? It's not all that funny, I mean like not funny at all. As far as trading him to the Dodgers I would do that in a second, but that would require keeping him until the end of the season, and I am not sure that is going to happen. I hope the Dodgers fire Mattingly, mainly because I think he is pretty good. Also I just think that if they hired Scioscia it would add to the rivalry.

All last night in chat you were saying that Butcher would be fired at the end of the game.

Do you guys really think changes will be made if were 10 games under .500 by the end of the month? I think we absolutely have to be 10+ back before the AS for changes to be made, and by then it might be too late.

He's losing on purpose to quell his feelings of disappointment by eating more food.  You heard it here first!

<rolls eyes>

Stradling is right mp, the food jokes are not funny at all.  I appreciate the passion of your position, but attacking the man because he is overweight or eats too much in your opinion just degrades your posts.  I think Mike has a great deal of pride in his job, he's smart and experienced, and is trying to the best of his ability.  If the circumstances aren't right, or he can't find an answer to picking up player  performance that's another matter, then a change might well be beneficial.  But don't try to insult our intelligence with superficial crap.  That's something little kids sometimes do at school (name calling), it's also called bullying.