• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Jerry vs. Sosh

Poll: Sophie's Choice: Jerry vs Sosh - Which one stays?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Totally hypothetical, more to see where AW loyalty lies. Who does Arte keep?

• Dipoto
    • Scioscia

Who-ever said, I've been a Halos fan since Rigney and this situation isn't anywhere near the worst we've seen.

How true.

Perhaps we can hire Terry Collins back -- remember that debacle......the clubhouse was in mutiny.

Then there was the time that Chico Ruiz pulled a gun on Alex Johnson in the clubhouse.......

This one kind of runs along with the Terry Collins era -- but Mo Vaughn was just a 'great' clubhouse guy....he created an anti-manager faction with the whole roster seemingly choosing sides.

so, it's been worse.

Let's see -- DiPoto is pretty young can be around a long time but still relatively new here.

Scoscia has Pujols on his side, Scioscia has three more years on his contract and Pujols has about what? six years?

So I'd say if push comes to shove and Scioscia wants to stay -- Di Poto is the one that goes.

Who thinks that if Bud Black expressed a desire to come back to Anaheim that Arte and probably Scioscia would be all over it........

Sosh may even decide to depart to Philly to make that happen AFTER DiPoto is gone.

But he did help to build Tampa Bay into a solid team, and the Cubs are just 1 1/2 games in back of the WC race as of now.

I like Maddon and consider him a good manager but he came into a very good situation.  Conversely -- he knew when to leave.  The Rays have graduated the fewest players originally drafted by the team to MLB since 2007.

yeah, lots of people dont remember that team. Yes, they made a point to be productive outs wise. But basically the only small ball guys were exk, erstand and ak. Salmon, ga, glaus, fullmer and speeze were all power guys.

Dang that makes todays team look bad, even with trout

They ranked 11th in the AL in HRs.... they had ONE guy hit 30 HRs and only had three that hit more than 12.  The entire bench combined to hit 10 HRs...   Their 152 combined HRs that year is the fourth lowest total by the team since 2000 -- and it came in an era where HRs were far more commonplace.  I think the further we get away from 2002 the less people remember how that team played.  

The 2002 roster was an extreme contact heavy team that always had runners in motion and always took the extra base.  Besides advancing on non outs, they were second in the AL in bases advanced on outs (180).  They had all of TWO hitters that struck out more than 80 times and both of them walked at least 71 times -- and Salmon who was the low man in of the two only played in 138 games.  They were the poster boys for a team that wasn't fast but knew how to run.

Question:  What if the dust settles and Moreno waits to see if Scioscia opts out. 

Does he then fire Scioscia, fire Dipoto, or do nothing?

Bad offense aside, Dipoto has done a good job rebuilding the system.   I don't think he should have taken his message to the players directly but he hasn't done anything to be fired.   This entire thing screams High School, and it brings into question the professionalism of everyone involved.   Potentially explosive discussions shouldn't ever be held within earshot of people who aren't directly involved with the situation.

As such, I really don't understand the problem with Dipoto going to players directly. 

Depends on their defined roles, but I have a feeling our owner has gotten around to defining those roles clearly, nor has any of his esteemed colleagues.

Here's a reference to the "best" of Al Haig for those who need a refresher:

http://adst.org/2014/03/al-haig-and-the-reagan-assassination-attempt-im-in-charge-here/

I haven't yet looked at the link -- but my all time favorite (and there are so many), was his responding to accusations he lied by saying..."That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude."

Thanks for posting that, and Notti gets POTY award IMO..  A truly hilarious reference.

They ranked 11th in the AL in HRs.... they had ONE guy hit 30 HRs and only had three that hit more than 12. The entire bench combined to hit 10 HRs... Their 152 combined HRs that year is the fourth lowest total by the team since 2000 -- and it came in an era where HRs were far more commonplace. I think the further we get away from 2002 the less people remember how that team played.

The 2002 roster was an extreme contact heavy team that always had runners in motion and always took the extra base. Besides advancing on non outs, they were second in the AL in bases advanced on outs (180). They had all of TWO hitters that struck out more than 80 times and both of them walked at least 71 times -- and Salmon who was the low man in of the two only played in 138 games. They were the poster boys for a team that wasn't fast but knew how to run.

yeah, good points. Its funny, but a team that had fish, ga, glaus and fullmer (might be wrong) wasnt anywhere near the likes of teams like texas and ny back then.

yeah, good points. Its funny, but a team that had fish, ga, glaus and fullmer (might be wrong) wasnt anywhere near the likes of teams like texas and ny back then.

Yeah -- they were considered very under-powered.   There were 5 teams in MLB that hit more than 200 HRs that year, 3 of them in the AL.