• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dave Grohl breaks leg ... then finishes concert

They play Sober on KROQ?  I had a friend that was crazy about Tool.  Not sure how you don't see it as teen angsty shit.  All the lyrics are woe is me depression crap.  As for a musicians band, why did they use so much synth and digital then?

Also Keith Moon, Stephen Perkins, Charlie Watts, and John Bonham leave Danny Carey in their dust.  Hell even Thomas Stauch is a better drummer.

I don't rate bassists, I just know Les Claypool and Matt Freeman are the two best I have ever heard.

I like sober cause it has great pace and build up.  More of a metal sound.

Neil Peart says WTF man.

I called the original emo teen angst shit I think and stand by it. You called their drummer the best ever, you realize how that makes you look?

Uh...yeah?

Like someone who has played a musical instrument opposed to someone that calls everything rock, punk, metal, hardcore "emo" they don't like.

I have a buddy who is just an amazing drummer. He can mimic any drums with one listen. But he has a really tough time with Danny Carey. The guy is super technical (as are all the band members) which makes them so amazing.

Yeah, he's widely regarded as one of the most technical unless you're Nate.

He's done some solo drum videos that you can find online or Youtube if you want a laugh. 

Uh...yeah?

Like someone who has played a musical instrument opposed to someone that calls everything rock, punk, metal, hardcore "emo" they don't like.

I play guitar, bass and trumpet.

Carey is easily a top 20 drummer.  Just not the best ever.

Yngwie Malmsteen is probably the fastest most technical guitarist in the world, but he is definitely not the best.  He is in the top 20 though.

Anyway I consider anything about broken hearts, being depressed, or in general listened to people that like it because it is depressing emo or teen angst crap.

The music itself is ok, not really for me.  I like more pace and energy in my music.  It is the dark, depressing lyrics and themes that I can't stand.  I have heard every one of their songs 100 times or more.  I grew up with a dude that worshiped them.

Nate, you need to listen to Lateralus the full album if you ever have a chance. The musicianship is 2nd to none. I know you won't but I feel like you're not giving them a chance. And I'm here as the guy who voted for Foo

The guy calls it emo because he doesn't understand the signature changes, of course he's not going to listen to it.

Speaking of which, I came across this video breaking down this little emo tune as it's written in a mathematical formula.......I think someone here actually posted it years ago.

Anyway, that song is not emo, nothing about it actually.  It is also not for me though.  Instrumentally I think it is excellent.  Maynard's vocals are not for me, slow and deliberate.  The audible version of Ambein.

I had no idea that my little old opinion would cause such a frenzy. I like Tool more than Foo Fighters. Shoot me.

BANG!

Wait!  Were your hands up?... 

I love both bands, and listen to them according to how I'm feeling.  I didn't know anybody except Maynard knew the TOOL lyrics tho... 

I don't care about Tool. I don't care about FF. I'm impressed that Grohl would go back and finish the concert. Pretty awesome of him.

You better get to listening to their entire catalogs before posting here again, Tank!  No fence posting !