• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dave Grohl breaks leg ... then finishes concert

BANG!

Wait!  Were your hands up?... 

I love both bands, and listen to them according to how I'm feeling.  I didn't know anybody except Maynard knew the TOOL lyrics tho... 

Nate does, they are about heartbreak and carving hearts out.

Tool scared the shit out of me in the 90"s. Had lots of friends who loved them,but they just didn't impress me at all. When Laterals came out in 2000, I had a buddy who forced me to listen to that album from begining to end and it literally changed my appreciation for music altogether. You may, or may not like them, but you can't deny that Laterals may be the cleanest, and most slickest produced albums ever recorded. Every sound was just sonic perfection.

Hilarious.

The ones that make good points also add bad ones.

But pretty much what I expect, dude who doesn't like rock thinks Tool is emo.....still true 5 years later.

Still funny to me that I'm not even into Tool and kind of rattled off the intellectual, higher level thinking with music theory next level shit line. I was hopping around the web for bass education and came across them from a theory and math-esque perspective (I knew the hits, but never thought about owning a Tool album except when Lateralus was out because I was at SeaTac and wanted something to listen to on the flight home and happened to know Schism). It's one of those things where I'm indifferent about the band, but respect the shit out of them musically and anyone that doesn't "get it" or appreciate it from a musician contribution level simply sucks at music and probably has poor musical taste.

I don't know anyone who plays a musical instrument (and not the dude that picks up a bass and plays Bro Hymn at a party) that doesn't understand the significance of Tool or the individual musicians. I think it's fantastic educational material right up there with jazz and blues heavyweights.

I already said instrumentally I think they are really good.  Love how heavy and the flow.

When the lyrics are more My Chemical Romance or Smells Like Teen Spirit than say RATM, I can't do it.  I mostly listen to music for energy.  Something with good build up, good speed and flow.  Maynard's deliberate and slow vocals don't do it for me either.

I am sure there is something I listen to that you can make me a hypocrite about or pick holes in. 

By the way, I love the bass solo in this song, Matt Freeman is awesome.

I've always liked Tool (awesome videos, unique sound) but they were never a band I listened to regularly.  I remember when APC came out and some of my friends swore up and down they were one of the greatest bands around.  A buddy tried to get me to go to a concert of theirs and I politely declined because I couldn't justify spending the money when I wasn't into them.  I think as far as the sound of Tool and APC go they're unique and I have nothing but respect for their talent.  I also like the fact that when one of their songs comes on the radio even when it's new you could tell it's their song because of the sound.  That said I just never got into them like some of my friends did but then again my musical tastes haven't changed much over the years.  

I've always liked and respected FF but they've never been a band I would listen to a full album from.  I like the fact that Grohl and the rest of them still seem to be down to earth and do it because they enjoy it not because they want the money.  Grohl is one of those guys that if he were an ass you'd be more likely (or at least I would) to say look at his body of work if anyone can be an ass it's him yet he still seems like a guy who enjoys it as much as some kid starting a band in his garage.

I've always liked Tool (awesome videos, unique sound) but they were never a band I listened to regularly.  I remember when APC came out and some of my friends swore up and down they were one of the greatest bands around.  A buddy tried to get me to go to a concert of theirs and I politely declined because I couldn't justify spending the money when I wasn't into them.  I think as far as the sound of Tool and APC go they're unique and I have nothing but respect for their talent.  I also like the fact that when one of their songs comes on the radio even when it's new you could tell it's their song because of the sound.  That said I just never got into them like some of my friends did but then again my musical tastes haven't changed much over the years.  

I've always liked and respected FF but they've never been a band I would listen to a full album from.  I like the fact that Grohl and the rest of them still seem to be down to earth and do it because they enjoy it not because they want the money.  Grohl is one of those guys that if he were an ass you'd be more likely (or at least I would) to say look at his body of work if anyone can be an ass it's him yet he still seems like a guy who enjoys it as much as some kid starting a band in his garage.

One of the things I like about Dave Grohl is that he seems to still love doing this. His enthusiasm is infectious, whether he's playing guitar and singing with the Fighters, or taking part in jam sessions, or guest drumming like he's done so many times (most recently on the 2015 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony). He just loves his craft.

However, while I like the Foo Fighters, I happen to be a big fan of complicated, technical music with a lot of changes in tempo and tone, hence my love of bands like Tool, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering music is completely subjective I would think an argument about who is the better drummer/guitarist/band would be a complete waste of time.

Personally I enjoy a few of Foo Fighter songs.  I haven't found one by Tool I enjoy.  I think I have weird taste in music though.

Considering music is completely subjective I would think an argument about who is the better drummer/guitarist/band would be a complete waste of time.

Personally I enjoy a few of Foo Fighter songs.  I haven't found one by Tool I enjoy.  I think I have weird taste in music though.

I think it's fun to have conversation because it is subjective, people can sometimes bring someone up that changes the course of discourse. Having played and studied a tad, I enjoy other peoples point of view and generally learn a thing or two that I hadn't known before.

Being an elitist asshole that is too rigid to allow that convo does indeed suck.

But yeah, if someone was trying to argue lists or whatnot is indeed a waste of time.

Edited by Brandon