• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders

exactly, and he is going to achieve that by taxing the shit out of the middle class. They can claim that isn't the case but that is where the money is.

This is what the left just can't comprehend. They think high taxes are the way to achieve a strong middle class.

Here is a good article about the differences between here and Europe.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/20/steven-landsburg-labor_cx_sl_06work_0523landsburg.html

Couple of things in this article:  I was surprised that the average american only works 25 hours per week.  Also, the euros seem to love vacations.  They spend  up to 16 weeks on vacation a year.  (I think if I was in a car with my boys fighting each other for 16 weeks I would be in jail for killing them both)

Here is a good article about the differences between here and Europe.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/20/steven-landsburg-labor_cx_sl_06work_0523landsburg.html

Couple of things in this article: I was surprised that the average american only works 25 hours per week. Also, the euros seem to love vacations. They spend up to 16 weeks on vacation a year. (I think if I was in a car with my boys fighting each other for 16 weeks I would be in jail for killing them both)

Parent company is Swedish. We have to work around they're long summer vacations. We don't always get the fourth of July off due to financial reporting. It infuriates me.

If you were a Euro MT you wouldn't be driving, you'd be flying to another country for a franction of what it costs you to drive somewhere here in the states.

This.  We've got 2 offices overseas and on average those employees take 'holiday' much more regularly and can hop on a plane for a fraction of the cost of what we pay here to go from one state to the other.  Flying from Spain to the UK cost me under $100 and employees in our Asia office told me some of the airlines offer weekend getaways that get you to Thailand and other places for under $200.  You can take a few days off before or after the weekend and take a 4 day trip with a short travel time.  

Europe has always had more vacation time. I can remember a co-worker in the early 90's moving to Germany and was shocked that he started with 6 weeks vacation and about 2 dozen holidays. Think we calculated he started with almost 2.5 months off a year.

I was in Europe last year and smoking was definitely not allowed on the trains I was on in Germany, Czech Republic, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, and Ireland. About the vacation time, I remember an Aussie (yes I know that's not in Europe) telling me it's required by law for them to have at least 4 weeks off which I thought was pretty awesome. I wish we all had 3 months off like we had in school growing up.

German father's day also kicks the American version's ass. They get together with their friends that are also dad's and get drunk. I was in Munich during this at the famous Hofbrauhaus and the German guys made fun of this French dude who ordered the small bier. I feel that making fun of the French is one thing most people can bond over.  One guy also started talking about the German's hatred for Bush, love of Obama, and 9/11 conspiracies. They can also drink in the streets there which is pretty fun. Berlin is also stuck in some weird early-80s punk scene where half of the T-shirts, especially on the Eastern side, are either of The Clash or Sex Pistols.