• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Martian

I loved the book.  The trailer was really good.  There is also a scene out there where he is interviewing the other astronauts before they leave for Mars.

Great story about the book.  He self published it and ended up on the best sellers list.

That trailer looks good.  As long as it doesn't jump the shark like Interstellar....

Man, end of the year is going to be packed.  Spectre, Martian, Hunger Games in November and the reason Mission Impossible got moved to the summer, Star Wars in December.

I was excited by Interstellar and it was a complete and total letdown. From what I've heard they changed the ending so the two main characters "saw" each other at the end...but even without that it would have been pretty lame.

I'm pretty sure the Martian won't have any of that crap...like MT mentioned, it's a fairly straightforward tale. Hell, I've read the book, listened to the audio book (which didn't translate as well, but I think some of it was the narrator)...and I still had tingles watching the trailer.

I loved the book. The trailer was really good. There is also a scene out there where he is interviewing the other astronauts before they leave for Mars.

Great story about the book. He self published it and ended up on the best sellers list.

It really is a great story. Man follows his passion and writes a very good book about it, book becomes a bestseller and a movie. The trailer looks solid. I'm all in.

They've moved it up to an October release date...probably to get out of the way of some of the other big ticket movies coming in November/December.

That makes much more sense.  Just like Mission Impossible moving out of the slot the week after Star Wars opened up.  If I remember right, the Martian was propped right between Spectre in early November, and Hunger Games during Thanksgiving.  In October, you have maybe the Jungle Book and Vacation which are on the same weekend, and not much else.