• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When do Sosh and Dipoto start feeling the heat??

All this silliness about Sosh opting out - Arte can easily torch Sosh after this season.

If he paid $67 mil to oust Hamilton, he will pay whatever to dump Sosh if he's ready. That contract isn't what's keeping Sosh here at this point.

Arte eats money like a pro. If he wanted Sosh gone, he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Oh, I never thought it was about the money. 

Moreno and Scioscia are friends on some level and Moreno has trouble saying enough is enough.  That's a totally different dynamic than Moreno and Hamilton.  He never liked Hamilton in the first place. 

There's no reason Sosh couldn't walk away, it's no different than Greinke opting out, they both could get more money for more years on the market. But that would be the last reason Sosh would leave. Sosh could opt out and go manage the Dodgers or Padres if Black is let go. Sosh could be as frustrated as some of you are with the hand he is being dealt.

It's crazy how much more fun Giants games are than Angels games.

I wish the org would come up here and get some ideas to liven up the experience.

Winning helps too I suppose.

the giants games are great, the fans are really into it. How were they say 5 years ago though? And im not saying anything has changed, just wondering if its a new enviornment for the recent success.

Im waiting for cals to put giants games and fun together (from your post) and ask if its fair to say games in san francisco are a gay event. (Like 1920s gay i mean)

I wish the org would come up here and get some ideas to liven up the experience.

My post from the ATLG thread

Pederson now has 16 Homeruns. Tied for 3rd in baseball. 

And they still have corey seager in AAA, likely to be called up soon since Rollins looks toast.

Its been 4 years since we had a positional prospect worth getting excited about. Pitching depth is great, but I'd rather see homegrown hitters.

I tune in to watch guys like Pederson and Bryant. I don't care to see 32 year old declining vets that have no connection with the organization.

For example,  I couldn't give two shits about the milestones Pujols has achieved on the Angels. There is no emotional connection. Hell I would probably care more if he was doing it for the Cards instead.

Edited by Poozy

Should be easy to make Angels games as fun as Giants games.  

1)  Improve public transportation in Southern California

2)  Build a stadium by a bay

3)  Get Chinese investors to build entertainment spots, restaurants, bars near the new stadium

3a)  Get Russian River to stock said bars with Bling Pig that we can carry into the ballpark

4)  Get Chinese investors to build a city like San Francisco around the new stadium

5)  Win three World Series in five years

I am not against these guys -- Scioscia and DiPoto -- in fact, I like them and don't want to see these guys fired/ gone.

But the facts are these -- the Halos came into this season with last year's 98 wins with great expectations.

and it appears that they are nothing more than a .500 to a sub .500 team for 2015 unless things get turned around real quick.

the amazing thing is this, the starting rotation has actually been pretty good, in fact, according to the stats, is in the top tier in terms of number of quality starts by starters.

now, the past weekend series vs. NY was not a great one for our rotation -- but the point being, a potential real concern at the start of the season was our rotation and the rotation has performed well and above expectations.........the pen has been spotty but overall Street and Smith our closer and set up guy have done well with a few blown saves etc. but that happens.

so it's the line up and the roster mix.........bottom line, if the Halos are a .500 to sub .500 team that misses the playoffs this season -- Scioscia and DiPoto may be given walking papers.

Halos need to turn this around........they have a decent rotation and some decent pen guys --- a Billy Beane like approach to mid-season trades could make a difference.

Should be easy to make Angels games as fun as Giants games.  

1)  Improve public transportation in Southern California

2)  Build a stadium by a bay

3)  Get Chinese investors to build entertainment spots, restaurants, bars near the new stadium

3a)  Get Russian River to stock said bars with Bling Pig that we can carry into the ballpark

4)  Get Chinese investors to build a city like San Francisco around the new stadium

5)  Win three World Series in five years

haha, funny list.  Well done.

That stuff probably doesn't matter because a good portion of Moreno's 3 million in attendance don't care if the Angels win games or make the playoffs, and can't name any current Angels' players besides Trout, Pujols, and Weaver.  And even that would be difficult for some.  

The OC is not a baseball "town".

haha, funny list. Well done.

That stuff probably doesn't matter because a good portion of Moreno's 3 million in attendance don't care if the Angels win games or make the playoffs, and can't name any current Angels' players besides Trout, Pujols, and Weaver. And even that would be difficult for some.

The OC is not a baseball "town".

The last sentance is unfortunately the reality. It can be...winning breeds that. But hinestly, after touring the other parks over the last several years, as much as i think angel stadium is fine, rhe venue around it is...well, there isnt one. And that kills attendance, whether anyone thinks so or not.

From what i understand theyre developing more housing on the outside border of the parking lot....that ougtta help.... (obviously being sarcastic).

If there was a decent venue around, with bars, restaraunts and other shit to do, and then you advertise your cheap seats, i guarantee attendance goes up. The problem is thats not realistic until the stadium deal gets figured out and someone builds stuff

There's no reason Sosh couldn't walk away, it's no different than Greinke opting out, they both could get more money for more years on the market. But that would be the last reason Sosh would leave. Sosh could opt out and go manage the Dodgers or Padres if Black is let go. Sosh could be as frustrated as some of you are with the hand he is being dealt.

I'll be honest I expected some kind of response on this one. I figured it would cause some sort of back and forth with one of the guys that can't see anything positive with Sosh.

I am wondering if Sosh is getting burnt out into his 16th season here.

Very few managers get that far along with one team.

Since the 1970s, iirc, only Lasorda, Cox, and LaRussa have managed at least as long with one team.

Scioscia has an opt out at the end of this season. If he is really burning out, he may take it.

I was up there early last month for the Angels- Gigantes series. One thing that stood out to me was hardly anyone was looking at their phone throughout the game. Big difference right there.