• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pool party gone wild

When the police ask you to cooperate, cooperate. They can screw things up for you in a heartbeat.

I agree but it was obvious that the officer lost his cool because he fell. It comes across as unprofessional.   It's a conundrum because of some biased news coverage coupled  with some bad cops  who simply are in the wrong profession, people are more afraid of police now more than ever.  Some folks whether it's legit or not are more afraid of cops than the unknown guy on the street and that's not good.  My friends and I used to get chased by the cops in the hils on my dirt bike and nobody ever considered a cop would pull a gun on us. 

I don't think these things are exclusionary Glen. 1. People should not be harmed by the police just because they ran. 2. Running from the police does make a statement about your guilt/innocence.

1. I agree.

2. Not always.

1. I agree.

2. Not always.

I said it makes a statement.  I am not saying that the interpretation of said statement is always correct but if you get to a crowd and you are in law enforcement and somebody runs, chances are they are going to chase that person. 

That is all I was really trying to say (obviously not very well)

I'm not sure if Acro is white or not. We haven't established that. Please, someone tell me if he's white or black, it's so important to the story!!?!?!!!#%

LOL, I'm white.....I'm pretty sure.  I had 2 black friends growing up though. :)

Edited by acro2008

As I understand it, these kids did not have permission to be at this pool, a fight started either between their group internally or with other pool goers, the cops came and they mouthed off and antagonized the cops, including this idiot cop who went berserk.

Not a whole lot of blameless folks here.

I mean, except for the black people, nothing is ever their fault.

Yes, from the initial video we can't ascertain many factors such as you just provided.  However when the cop pulls a gun on those two kids it looks real bad.  Hey! What the hell happened to simply using the Taser on people?

When the police ask you to cooperate, cooperate. They can screw things up for you in a heartbeat.

**** them.  They aren't kings in this country, though they certainly act like it.  People think we should subordinate ourselves to cops-- as in, the cops are an authority over our lives. But screw them.  Citizens have freedoms, and these Reno 911 assholes aren't shouldn't be ruling our lives. 

Oh, and here's another one for the "Just don't do anything wrong and you'll be fine" crowd.

Cops pull a guy over, have nothing on him. fracture his wrist handcuffing him. then finding "illegal windshield" because of his air freshener.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/bronx-man-sue-unexplained-arrest-alleged-injury-article-1.2250185

**** them.  They aren't kings in this country, though they certainly act like it.  People think we should subordinate ourselves to cops-- as in, the cops are an authority over our lives. But screw them.  Citizens have freedoms, and these Reno 911 assholes aren't shouldn't be ruling our lives. 

i agree with you in theory, but not in practice. look at how trigger happy some officers are these days. do you want to the one that pushes one of them over the edge and pay for it with your life? i don't.

i think part of the problem right now is that there are some officers who are letting the stress of their work get to them, and they're not handling it well, and that there are too many citizens who think they don't need to cooperate if they haven't committed a crime.

Okay I have gone back and watched the first 6 seconds of that video about 15 times, laughing each time of course, and still cannot conclude if he trips or is attempting to do a combat roll. Normally, I would say he just trips, but because of this guys intensity, I'm not so sure.

lol,  You are on to something. They taught him the Dunphy Roll at the academy. First time executing it in the field. 

i agree with you in theory, but not in practice. look at how trigger happy some officers are these days. do you want to the one that pushes one of them over the edge and pay for it with your life? i don't.

i think part of the problem right now is that there are some officers who are letting the stress of their work get to them, and they're not handling it well, and that there are too many citizens who think they don't need to cooperate if they haven't committed a crime.

So what crime did the 14 year-old in the bikini commit, the one with the cop's knee in her back?

Yes, from the initial video we can't ascertain many factors such as you just provided.  However when the cop pulls a gun on those two kids it looks real bad.  Hey! What the hell happened to simply using the Taser on people?

While I don't know about Texas.  The police chief of Boston said their officers do not have tasers.

Cops should only pull their guns if they're going to use them. This asshole did it because he lost control of the situation and wanted to intimidate. He was embarrassed and trying to restore top-dog status. Compare his actions to the rest of the cops on the scene. They were calm and diffused the situation; he escalated it.

Edited by Glen