• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels brace for attendance below 3 million for first time since 2002

As most of you know, the announced attendance, which by the way they have stopped doing this season, is paid. Actual attendance is usually 15-20% less. And, as the article mentioned, the Angels are more interested in filling the high end seats than the rafters. In addition, the Angels make a better profit on the 20-game pkg than season ticket sales. 

Edited by gklingel52

Orange County Register did a good article on this subject:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ticket-664311-season-angels.html

"Put another way, the Angels are eschewing the cheap seats in favor of luxury sections. They are thinking less about fans who pay for $10 tickets than fans who make advance dinner reservations for the Diamond Club Restaurant."

Edited by VariousCrap

So Shakin pretty much stole my thread and wrote an article about it, nice.  One thing not mentioned in the article is that Dodgers season tickets are cheaper in almost every comparable level to that of Angels seasons.  The Dodgers also do not care how many of their tickets end up in the secondary market (thats what Alvarado meant when he said â€œThey’ve got a significantly larger wholesale business than we do,” Alvarado said. “We choose not to go that model.”)  whereas the Angels stopped selling more seats to known resellers early in the offseason.  Basically the Angels are trying their best to control their ticketing market whereas the Dodgers are letting the free market take hold on their seats.  This is evident by the around 15K tickets on stubhub for Dodgers games compared to the 2500 or so on stubhub for Angels games. 

BTW, this Angels way of trying to control their ticket market to keep prices high for games is going to greatly hurt them in the future.  I became an Angels fan growing up by going to games.  I could get into any game I wanted for $10 or less just by getting to Angels stadium early the day tickets go onsale.  Getting kids into the stadium is what makes them want to watch the games on TV as they start to grow up, I know that's how it worked for me.  Now a days parents are opting to spend money elsewhere because the value just isn't there like it was 7 years ago and before that.  All of these big TV deals happen because of people watching the games, but what happens when today's current youngsters grow up and are not watching Angels baseball on TV?  I really think the Angels ticketing policies are shooting themselves in the foot. But hey, what do I know, going to a game with 25K people in the stands is just as electric when there are 45K in the stands right?