• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Closed Door Meeting Time?

It happened today !!!!

Unless that closed door meeting included swapping out 66% of lineup with actual offensive talent, I'm not exactly sure what it will accomplish but they are doing "something". Hopefully, topics included in this meeting are "baserunning the past decade - yeah, sorry about that", "contact play for the LOLz" and "I like big bunts and I cannot lie".

Edited by mulwin444

• 1 month later...

Have a meeting of why they fired Jerry

didnt dipoto resign?

And isnt the team pretty much mostly his moves?

Im not saying he did a bad job, ive already said i liked him. But he built this offense...

The team was built well last year, but i think we all knew going into the year it wasnt going to be as good. Like IP said, its important they stay the course of rhe long term plan.

Theyre gonna need to open the wallet this winter though for sure. I think cespedes ends up here, makes too much sense (and i dont think hes "the" answer)

Dipoto absolutely SUCKED when it came to knowing offense.

We need a GM who understands pitching AND offense!

Has this org EVER had such a GM?

How freaking hard is it to find a solid GM?

If it's that easy, who would you recommend?  Not trying to be a wise ass, I don't know much about GM candidates and where you best find them.  Every team has assistant GM's, but you can't just run off and interview them due to tampering (at least not without permission).  It seems that there is a lot to the process, and complicated.

So we all agree that Dipoto inherited a crappy farm system both on the hitting and pitching side, right?

He prioritized injecting our system with pitching because a ) we needed it and b ) it's a great currency because most teams need pitching whereas not all of them need, for instance, a LF.

So, he knew that building a farm system based primarily on pitching would allow him at some point down the line to acquire a bat or bats. We even talked about it at length up to the trade deadline.

There is no reason we still couldn't trade some pitching in the off season for a needed bat. We can always just sign a FA pitcher if needed.