• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders y'all

Whats wrong with his views? Does anyone disagree that (...) minimum wage is too low?

Explain it to me.

I went to Del Taco yesterday. Ordered six chicken soft tacos. Three without the disgusting white sauce, three with. They gave me two without, four with. Meaning, someone can't count to three. And you think we should pay these people *more*?

Also, you realize that as minimum wage goes up, inflation also goes up and jobs get eliminated, right? That $2.75 hamburger becomes $4.25, and now the very people who were demanding a $15 "living wage" start demanding a $20 per hour "living wage." And employers cut jobs and squeeze more out of employees to account for the wage increase.

If someone doesn't want minimum wage, they should learn a skill that pays better. Just look at the Vietnamese. You almost never see them working fast food because they all do something that pays a little better (like hair cutting or nails). They aren't given those jobs - they learn the skill and earn them.

Edited by wopphil

Also, you realize that as minimum wage goes up, inflation also goes up and jobs get eliminated, right? That $2.75 hamburger becomes $4.25, and now the very people who were demanding a $15 "living wage" start demanding a $20 per hour "living wage." And employers cut jobs and squeeze more out of employees to account for the wage increase.

If employers are charging more for their product to compensate for their lost profit due to the wage increase why would they also have to cut jobs?

Talk about not being able to count.

If employers are charging more for their product to compensate for their lost profit due to the wage increase why would they also have to cut jobs?

Talk about not being able to count.

I do hope you are smart enough to realize that if they raise their prices to account for the minimum wage increase, the minimum wage earners' newfound buying power won't go very far. You get that part of it, right?

I went to Del Taco yesterday. Ordered six chicken soft tacos. Three without the disgusting white sauce, three with. They gave me two without, four with. Meaning, someone can't count to three. And you think we should pay these people *more*?

I think about this every time my order is screwed up by one of these places - like the Taco Bell that gave me three orders of chips and cheese with no chips. I don't know how you even do that. Popeye's seems to hire the intellectually challenged more often than the others, but KFC is a close second.

I made less per hour in my first year as a Registered Nurse than they are asking for to get my order wrong.

The problem is that the current minimum wage is so far off from a normal living standard since it has hardly moved in years while the cost of living has skyrocketed. Corporations will take advantage of that every time.

The food workers you use as an example, seattle tacoma has already proven that this isnt a very big problem at all. I forget the exact number but prices only went up like 5 or 10 percent to compensate for that large pay increase. I'll gladly pay that with no issue.

The problem is that the current minimum wage is so far off from a normal living standard since it has hardly moved in years while the cost of living has skyrocketed. Corporations will take advantage of that every time.

I don't have a problem tying the minimum wage directly to some kind of index, like the consumer price index or something. As the index goes, so too does the minimum wage. But this liberal feel good "we need to give everyone a living wage" b.s. is just dumb and completely shortsighted. It totally ignores inflation and other negative effects of raising the minimum wage.

The food workers you use as an example, seattle tacoma has already proven that this isnt a very big problem at all. I forget the exact number but prices only went up like 5 or 10 percent to compensate for that large pay increase. I'll gladly pay that with no issue.

Not me

This country believes in telling it's citizens what they can do instead of letting it's citizen tell it what it can do.

Because most corporations aren't ****ed up at all in this country.

There's only the largest wage disparity in the world between workers and CEOs, more than double the next highest country. That number? CEOs make on average 354 times what the average worker does.