• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders y'all

I'll be voting in the presidential election for the first time next year, solely because of this man. I'm so happy he chose to run.

He's the first candidate that i'm sincerely excited about, here is a great page that explains some of his goals:

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/agenda/

There's the first candidate I remember that could truly be "for the people".

Sounds like the other liberal democrats

Except he really means it.

I would love to give my vote to Bernie but I don't think he has a chance, and I think he realizes it. My guess is that he's in the race to help clean up HIllary's act - bring her further to the left, less corporate-minded, etc.

Of course he could do a Ron Paul and run as an independent, but he then might prove spoiler to Hillary and give whatever ingrate the Redumblicans set up against her a fighting chance.

Probably where my vote is going. No Republican excites me (all seem to be parroting the same tired company line), not a fan of Hillary either. Somewhere along the line someone in the GOP needs to learn that saying that they will undo everything that Obama has done is not enough to convince voters that they need to lead the country.

Except he really means it.

I would love to give my vote to Bernie but I don't think he has a chance, and I think he realizes it. My guess is that he's in the race to help clean up HIllary's act - bring her further to the left, less corporate-minded, etc.

Of course he could do a Ron Paul and run as an independent, but he then might prove spoiler to Hillary and give whatever ingrate the Redumblicans set up against her a fighting chance.

Thats BS. A lot thought Obama had no chance either. If people get involved and spread the word, it can snowball and Bernie can win.

Yet deficits always climb under Republican administrations, because they tend to get us into unfunded wars and they love to spend on weapons.

It doesn't really matter. Both side want their things and none of it is free

Going point by point:

1. I agree. Our infrastructure is terrible. It needs major upgrades. I extend that not only to roads, power plants, and water supply but also to our technology infrastructure such as available WiFi and broadband. We could be doing a lot more in this area.

2. I think we are doing quite a bit for this already. I don't think governmental policy will influence significant further change for climate change. The private sector will create solutions as needed. I don't believe policy is required.

3. I don't think federal funding should go towards encouraging worker co-ops. I don't think the Constitution allows funding for this.

4. I don't think federal money should go towards encouraging or discouraging union growth. The government should allow unions but not influence their growth. That's not the federal government's job.

5. I don't believe there should be a minimum wage. If I agree to work for $2.50/hour I should have that right. It's silly that I don't that right now. Minimum wage laws restrict employee rights just as much as employer rights.

6. Agreed. Although I believe they mostly do. I employ 2 females and they have the same pay scale and benefits as the males I employ. Maybe some further legislation here could ensure this. I'm not sure. I'm not an expert here.

7. Not a fan of NAFTA or the China PNTR but I don't believe the government should restrict the right of businesses to employ workers overseas. I'm not a fan of further tariffs on overseas goods but I could stomach that. I don't like tax breaks for businesses that keep jobs in America. Taxes should be charged the same to all businesses. The increased cost should be passed directly onto the consumers. Businesses are only overseas because consumers demands cheaper goods. Blaming corporations is too simple.

8. Agreed. An increased focus on the benefit of trade schools should also happen. But trade school and college needs to decrease in cost. Prices are not practical right now. I don't believe that we are efficient in this area.

9. Meh. "Wall Street" is out of control. But them controlling the money supply is the main problem. The Federal Reserve needs to go. The banks shouldn't print our money. Although as it stands now I don't think I trust our government to do a better job. Also, I have a problem with the first sentence. "The function of banking is to facilitate the flow of capital into productive and job-creating activities." The function of banking is whatever they want. We're a free society.

10. I actually agree. I really don't see any other way except single-payer health care. I'd prefer a hybrid system like Australia but every part of our health care industry, from doctors to health insurers to pharma companies, seem to refuse to allow anything but our current private system. I think eventually we'll realize the only way to overcome this is to just reject the current system and start over.

11. That's a tough one. Accountability of the governed must occur if you demand accountability from the governing. People need to realize the actions they have now will have real-world consequences in the future. I don't believe Social Security and Medicare need to be expanded. Reformed, for sure. But not in a way that expands benefits or the benefited.

12. Tax reform definitely needs to happen. But not because rich people are rich. Just because it's not fair. Tax everyone evenly. I don't like FairTax. I wouldn't support it. But the code needs to be simplified. Exemptions and allowable deductions are out of control. I save so much money every year by finding ways to legally reduce my tax liability that should not even be allowed. It's crazy what you can do legally. It needs to change.

So 5 out of 12. But two of those I support for different reasons than Sanders. Which means the policy he creates would probably be drastically different than what I support. I think I'll stick with Gary Johnson.

Unions are just another form of special interest

Yeah, we're much better off voting for people whose major donors are large corporations, and who are heavily backed by insurance companies, oil companies and defense contractors. They have the people's best interest at heart.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan