• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders y'all

Because most corporations aren't ****ed up at all in this country.

There's only the largest wage disparity in the world between workers and CEOs, more than double the next highest country. That number? CEOs make on average 354 times what the average worker does.

I don't understand just what it is corporations do that make them so bad. Pay taxes? Provide jobs? Have an "Inc." after their names?

Last time I checked, GE doesn't pay taxes.

Don't their employees pay income tax? Don't their stock holders pay capital gains tax? Don't the people who purchase their products pay sales tax?

Edited by wopphil

Are they breaking laws?

Anyone with half a brain mitigates their tax liability.

I'm not a super fan of corporate america, but I don't get the absolute hate for it. Corporations provide tons of opportunity for awesome careers. And, as Dennis Miller wisely asserted, they make it easier to take shit back. 

Are they breaking laws?

I'm not a super fan of corporate america, but I don't get the absolute hate for it. Corporations provide tons of opportunity for awesome careers. And, as Dennis Miller wisely asserted, they make it easier to take shit back.

Them hatred of CEOs is that some have that "it isn't fair" mentality.

You know who are bigger crooks than corporations? The people who sue them for hyper technical violations of the wage and hour laws and defame them in the media for "wage theft." Along with the attorneys who prosecute the class action lawsuits and the politicians who pass the laws that permit the absurdly harsh penalties. Those are the real thiefs.

You know who are bigger crooks than corporations? The people who sue them for hyper technical violations of the wage and hour laws and defame them in the media for "wage theft." Along with the attorneys who prosecute the class action lawsuits and the politicians who pass the laws that permit the absurdly harsh penalties. Those are the real thiefs.

If only the common man got to see what you see on a daily basis (and me on a monthly basis). Haha

So we should commend corporations who use loopholes to lessen their tax liability but we should condemn workers who attempt to get paid the appropriate and legal wage for their work?

Are they breaking laws?

the objective of the firm - to maximize shareholder value. think about that for a minute. it's objective is to make owners more money. this definition encourages shareholders to act unethically in grey areas. therein lies the problem with corporations and the reason why i dislike them.

i don’t want to support anything that runs like that. your banks and what have you still operate in this way. oh we missed are targets for the quarter. let’s layoff 5,000 people in order to cut costs. oh we hit our revenue goals for the quarter. let’s give our executives fat bonuses because they’re on the board and can give themselves such nice things while the people working 8-10 hour shifts in customer service might get a free meal per month and/or praise in an email.

one of my responsibilities at work is looking at operating expenses. it bothers me that i was in a meeting where it was mentioned employees would be let go. yet taking a look at the car allowance increase for management year over year could have saved probably 10 of those jobs.

the quicker the shift corporate america makes to utilizing stakeholder theory the better. it takes into account employees, suppliers, customers, communities and any other person who could be affected by a decision. basically it encourages ethical behavior. that’s all i really would like to see in corporate america, decision makers acting ethically.

Edited by Schildog