• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015 NFL Draft

nando714

Browns reportedly offering 2 #1's for the Titans #2 overall pick and plan to draft Mariota if they get it. Might take 3 to get it done.

Great FO there. Draft a QB in RD1 last season.....only to then want to trade 2 1st round picks + perhaps more the very next season just so they can take a QB again in RD1

Great FO there. Draft a QB in RD1 last season.....only to then want to trade 2 1st round picks + perhaps more the very next season just so they can take a QB again in RD1

Kevin Costner isn't impressed. **** movies. The actual Kevin Costner probably could do a better job.

I read the offer was their 2 first round picks this year but there was talk (could merely be writer speculation) Tenn would ask for that 2016 first round pick as well.  A sportsline article I came across yesterday showed what teams have given up to move up for a QB going back to 2001 when Atlanta moved up to get Vick:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25167515/report-browns-offer-titans-two-first-round-picks-to-move-up-for-mariota

Seriously....whats with them entertaining offers on Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Brandon Boykin? Hope they trade their first, 2nd, one of those players + a pick next year to move up. Eagles apparently want a 2nd for Kendricks and if I was GB I'd jump at that immediately, but it won't happen. Perfect scenario would have been to deal their 2nd to Philly for Kendricks, then trade down from the 1st round into the mid 2nd while netting another 4th round pick in the process.

I think GB trades down anyway tonight.

They should have never given Chip Kelly the reigns to the team. What's the point in having a GM? He's treating the Eagles like they're a college team and I think he's going to find out that doesn't work. Some of his decisions have been absolute head scratchers that don't make much sense.

Yeah, my initial thought process is that TENN go no lower than the RG3 deal.

TENN have needs, but gather more picks than mid-round 1st picks.

Agreed.  Looking at the deals anyone who moved into the top 5 or even 10 to get a QB had to give up a lot more than just 2 picks.  There's enough teams (Philly, Cleveland, NYJ) interested in Mariota that Tenn could come away with something similar to what the Rams got for the RG3 pick.  Given the interest I think they're crazy if they don't trade the pick unless they absolutely believe he's a franchise QB.    

They should have never given Chip Kelly the reigns to the team. What's the point in having a GM? He's treating the Eagles like they're a college team and I think he's going to find out that doesn't work. Some of his decisions have been absolute head scratchers that don't make much sense.

Chip is finding guys for his system.

Guys like Mccoy, Jackson we're "me" guys first. They didn't want to buy in to his system of doing things. I don't believe in trading away a lot of picks for a rookie qb not named manning (peyton) or lucK. If chips thinks mm can get them over the hump then so be it. I personally don't agree bc they just won the Division a yr ago

Edited by nando714

Agreed. Looking at the deals anyone who moved into the top 5 or even 10 to get a QB had to give up a lot more than just 2 picks. There's enough teams (Philly, Cleveland, NYJ) interested in Mariota that Tenn could come away with something similar to what the Rams got for the RG3 pick. Given the interest I think they're crazy if they don't trade the pick unless they absolutely believe he's a franchise QB.

That and look at the history of trades to move up. Almost everyone have been won by the team that got all the picks.

Not sure how I feel about the Chiefs pick.

Dude is such a legit talent, but has the off the field issues....but so did Justin Houston.

I would have preferred a different need, but they have done well so far that I can't dismiss it right away.