• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015 NFL Draft

nando714

Alright 1st round is Thursday and runs through the weekend.

I love it I can watch every round of this thing and usually do.

My cardinals look for rb help or LB help in the first round imo. Maybe trade back again?

Who goes #1? Does anyone trade up for Mariota? How early does a RB go this yr?

I think Winston goes #1 as there hasn't been much speculation saying otherwise.  There's been a few articles saying maybe Tampa was entertaining the thought of getting Mariota instead but that seems like more of a smoke screen as Tampa has also supposedly said they would trade the pick for the right offer.  I'm really curious about the SD/Tenn trade speculation that involves Rivers.  Rivers has said that he doesn't want to play in Los Angeles should SD end up playing there and would walk as a FA next year if it came down to it.  For Tenn though I don't see why they would want to acquire Rivers.  That's not a knock on Rivers rather he isn't going to put them over the top as they have way too many needs and while he has some good years left he's going to turn 34 during the 2015 season.

I'm guessing Denver goes after a tackle in the first round but picking at the back end of round one is always interesting because of players who fall which results in some teams going best available.  They will definitely need to add some O-line help through the draft along with a D lineman and possibly a TE for depth.         

They do. I remember mr irrelevant threw out the first pitch at an angel game a few years ago as well

Ryan Succup was the last pick in the draft one year for the Chiefs and has been in the league quite a while. I remember ESPN made a big deal out of him getting a decent contract when he resigned with the Chiefs years ago.

Rams at #10 overall = always could use OL and DB help.

Note: Every expert pretty much sees an OL being taken by the Rams, either Scherff, Collins, or Peat.

Hopefully QB may finally be resolved with Foles replacing the "Always Injured" Bradford.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Between that and the reports about his toe he goes from possibly being a top 5 pick to falling and costing himself money.  Both him and Gregory from Nebraska have hurt their own stock due to failed tests for weed.  It's not like I'm surprised this still happens but it's amazing these dudes can't kick a weed habit at least until they get drafted.    

Wouldn't mind Ray falling to the Cowboys. Cowboys are in a bad spot at 27. All the needs we have will be gone by the time we pick. At one point just a month ago, rumors were going Gurley or Gordon would be there at 27 but both are looking like top 20 picks now. Same goes with Marcus Peters but he'll probably be gone as well.

I hate giving up first round picks but this might be a good time for the Cowboys to trade their pick and pick up an extra second and maybe third or fourth.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago but now I'm not so sure. Some of the stuff I've seen of him has impressed me. He did a sit down with Steve Mariucci a couple months ago and Winstons ability to read plays and read a defense was very impressive. Some are comparing his ability to do so to that of Peyton Manning. Now that might be a stretch seeing how Winston hasn't seen a snap in the NFL, but learning an NFL system is one of the hardest things to do.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago but now I'm not so sure. Some of the stuff I've seen of him has impressed me. He did a sit down with Steve Mariucci a couple months ago and Winstons ability to read plays and read a defense was very impressive. Some are comparing his ability to do so to that of Peyton Manning. Now that might be a stretch seeing how Winston hasn't seen a snap in the NFL, but learning an NFL system is one of the hardest things to do.

i think emotional maturity is going to be one of his biggest obstacles regardless of his talent. this guy has baggage, and you have to wonder who he's going to surround himself with as a professional.

Browns reportedly offering 2 #1's for the Titans #2 overall pick and plan to draft Mariota if they get it. Might take 3 to get it done.

I would be so pissed if they did that.  They have a nasty habit of giving away draft picks while they have so many weaknesses on the roster. They need to keep all of their picks and get even more if possible.  I would have to rate Farmer as the worst Browns GM ever if he ends up making this trade (and that is saying a lot).

By the way, nothing against Mariota, I think he'll be good.  Its just that the Browns are crappy and having a young quarterback won't do much if he doesn't have guys to throw to, doesn't have guys to block for him and if the defense can't stop a team from rushing for 200 yards a game.

I would be so pissed if they did that. They have a nasty habit of giving away draft picks while they have so many weaknesses on the roster. They need to keep all of their picks and get even more if possible. I would have to rate Farmer as the worst Browns GM ever if he ends up making this trade (and that is saying a lot).

By the way, nothing against Mariota, I think he'll be good. Its just that the Browns are crappy and having a young quarterback won't do much if he doesn't have guys to throw to, doesn't have guys to block for him and if the defense can't stop a team from rushing for 200 yards a game.

If the Browns had a plan I think it'd be a different story. I just don't think they do. Taking someone like Mariotta is fine if you are planning on building a system to his strengths. But unfortunately when you draft someone with the 2nd overall pick, you need them to play immediately which leaves no time to learn and evolve as a backup. I'm against taking QBs in the first unless it's someone like Luck was coming out of college. I rather get a developmental guy in mid rounds that can hold a clip board for a few years and learn. Unfortunately the Browns don't have that luxury unless they go sign some crappy low cost veteran for a few years

Josh McCown would seem to qualify

Forgot they signed him.  If you can get two years from McCown while Mariota sits on the sidelines and allows the Browns to build a team around him, then sure.  But that's still a high spot to take a player that's going to just sit around.  They'd be better off keeping their first rounders and getting someone like Mannion or even Brandon Bridge in a later round.

Edited by Chimi