• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tokyo Toilet Project just cut the tape on newly installed restrooms at two parks in Tokyo’s Shibuya neighborhood this month.

The Tokyo Toilet Project just cut the tape on newly installed restrooms at two parks in Tokyo’s Shibuya neighborhood this month. The colored-glass washrooms are cleverly designed to be transparent when unoccupied — so potential users can confirm they’re empty and clean — but turn opaque once the door is locked internally.

“There are two things we worry about when entering a public restroom, especially those located at a park. The first is cleanliness, and the second is whether anyone is inside,” wrote the restroom’s creator, Pritzker prize-winning architect and Tokyo native Shigeru Ban, on the Toilet Project’s website.

japan-installs-see-through-public-toilets

The colored-glass washrooms are cleverly designed to be transparent when unoccupied — so potential users can confirm they’re empty and clean — but turn opaque once the door is locked internally.

The colored-glass washrooms are cleverly designed to be transparent when unoccupied — so potential users can confirm they’re empty and clean — but turn opaque once the door is locked internally.

Looks like you can still see through it. How about at night with the lights on?

Seeing your town covered in chocolate powder is likely one of the only things that could rival waking up to a white Christmas for many children, and for one town in Switzerland last Friday morning, it wasn't just a fantasy.

The Swiss town of Olten, located between Zurich and Basel, received a surprise dusting of cocoa after a ventilation system malfunctioned at a local chocolate factory.

Arizona man who died in waterslide pipe is ID'd

Arizona man who died in waterslide pipe is ID'd

A homeless man died after breaking into an aquatic center in Scottsdale, Ariz., and getting stuck in a pipe, investigators said Tuesday.

Scottsdale police have identified the man as 31-year-old Ryan Kelly. An officer on patrol early Monday heard faint calls for help, police said. After a search, officers determined that the calls were coming from the locked Eldorado Aquatic and Fitness Center.

Investigators determined Kelly had climbed over the center’s fence and crawled inside a cylindrical support structure for the waterslide where he became stuck.

Police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Watts told the Arizona Republic that the hollow steel tube acted like a megaphone, allowing the patrol officer to hear him from a quarter-mile away.

Fire officials arrived on the scene and were communicating with Kelly by around 2:30 a.m., the Arizona Republic reported. They were forced to dismantle the waterslide to reach him.

Kelly died by the time he was pulled from the pipe around 7 a.m. The Maricopa County Medical Examiner is expected to determine his official cause of death.

I would think the heat had something to do with it.

Phoenix was 115 yesterday.

51 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd like to ask your forgiveness for assuming that all this time that you claim you've been "hiking" when in reality you were doing some pretty significant research in botswana.

i'm sorry.

My research has expanded further.  My next step is to paint the cows red, just to trigger people.  

Here are the full Top 10’s for each age group:

Most Satisfying for Millennials

1. Tesla Model 3
    2. Subaru Ascent
    3. Mazda CX-5
    4. Honda Accord
    5. Subaru Forester
    6. Ford F-150
    7. Honda CR-V
    8. Honda Civic
    9. Honda Odyssey
    10. Subaru Impreza 

Generation X:

1. Tesla Model 3
    2. Tesla Model S
    3. Audi A5
    4. Tesla Model X
    5. Volkswagen Golf
    6. Toyota Prius
    7. Toyota RAV4
    8. Subaru Ascent
    9. Jeep Wrangler
    10. Volkswagen GTI

Baby Boomers:

1. Tesla Model 3
    2. Ford Expedition
    3. Porsche 718 Boxster
    4. Tesla Model S
    5. Mazda MX-5 Miata
    6. Volvo XC40
    7. Dodge Challenger
    8. Toyota Prius
    9. BMW X5
    10. Ford Mustang

Silent Generation:

1. Tesla Model 3
    2. Genesis G90
    3. Tesla Model S
    4. Toyota Prius V
    5. Honda Ridgeline
    6. Toyota Prius
    7. Subaru Forester
    8. Hyundai Santa Fe
    9. Mazda6
    10. Ford Mustang

Link

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes.

How do you like it?

They look really nice, but the price is similar to an F150 and they get about the same MPG.

What made you get the Ranger?

Curious because I have an F150 I drive at work and I really like it.

442-carat diamond found in Africa, could be worth $18M

442-carat diamond found in Africa, could be worth $18M

Gem Diamonds Ltd. discovered the gem at its Letseng mine in Lesotho, the company announced Friday.

“The recovery of this remarkable 442 carat diamond, one of the world’s largest gem-quality diamonds to be recovered this year, is further confirmation of the caliber of the Letseng mine and its ability to consistently produce large, high-quality diamonds," Gem Diamonds CEO Clifford Elphick said in a statement.

According to Bloomberg, which first reported the news, the precious stone could be worth as much as $18 million, citing a research note from BMO Capital Markets analyst Edward Sterck.

"A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this diamond will be used to fund a special community project, as agreed with our partner, the government of Lesotho," Elphick said..

Lesotho is a landlocked country in southern Africa, encircled by South Africa. It has a population of just over 2 million and has been an independent country since 1966, after it gained freedom from Britain.

Although the diamond industry has suffered as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for larger stones is more stable, given the rarity of these precious stones, Bloomberg reported.

In 2018, Gem Diamonds found a 910-carat diamond known as the "Lesotho Legend" at the Letseng mine that eventually sold for $40 million.

Also in 2018, miners in Canada found a rough 552-carat yellow diamond, the largest diamond ever discovered in North America.