• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBI probes report man in jetpack flew near LAX planes at 3,000 feet

The FBI is investigating a report from airline pilots that a person was seen flying in a jetpack some 3,000 feet above Los Angeles International Airport Sunday evening.

The Federal Aviation Administration said two airline flight crews reported seeing what "appeared to be someone in a jetpack as they were on their final approaches to LAX around 6:35 p.m. PDT Sunday.”

26 minutes ago, Redondo said:

The FBI is investigating a report from airline pilots that a person was seen flying in a jetpack some 3,000 feet above Los Angeles International Airport Sunday evening.

The Federal Aviation Administration said two airline flight crews reported seeing what "appeared to be someone in a jetpack as they were on their final approaches to LAX around 6:35 p.m. PDT Sunday.”

Personally, I think if they find the guy, the government should hire him.  I didn't even know a jetpack can get to 3,000 feet.  Heck, screw flying cars if that is the case.  

https%3A%2F%2Fpocket-syndicated-images.s

Consumer acceptance of broilers out of season was not automatic. In the 1930s, the average American ate 10lbs (4.5kg) or less of chicken annually; by 2017 that had risen to 64lbs (29kg), according to the Economic Research Service at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). For decades chicken battled to be seen as a “meat”, and did not surpass its most expensive competitor, beef, in terms of overall consumption until 2010. A strong USDA-funded marketing campaign helped out.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:25 AM, gotbeer said:

The Most Popular Websites Since 1993

The timelapse graph they have is mesmerizing.  It's amazing how some sites were so dominant, yet just nosedived in popularity.

that was interesting. most of my pastor friends had a compuserv email address back in the 90s as things were just heating up.

my brother is likely to be the last man standing with a prodigy email account.

15 hours ago, Redondo said:

put me down for $20 on @gotbeer.

California fisherman reels in live pipebomb while trolling Sacramento River: report

A California fisherman got the surprise of a lifetime recently when he reeled in a live pipe bomb while fishing on the Sacramento River, according to local reports.

Jon Kenyon, who has been fishing on the waterway for more than 15 years, told WKRC-TV that he has never seen anything like it.

“We thought it was like an anchor and so we put the net away and got the line up. We got it right into the boat and realized. My father-in-law was like ‘It’s a bomb. Everyone get to the front of the boat,'” Kenyon said.

While Kenyon and his family were waiting for the police, they discovered that another boat close by had made the same discovery.

The local bomb squad eventually determined both devices to still be live, and destroyed them safely on site.

Authorities did not speculate on why the explosives were placed in the river, but Kenyon believes that the bombs were used by fishermen who didn’t want to do the work.

“I think that they’re probably trying to blow up salmon and knocking ’em out and having ’em float up. That’s what I think,” he said.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

WTH.  Don't have the OC register so can't get past the paywall.  But that doesn't sound right.

•  

You should be a subscriber but I'll give you this little snippet.

“It does seem like we’ve had quite a few (drownings) lately, but in comparison to the past it’s actually fewer,” Orange County sheriff’s Sgt. Dennis Breckner said.

There were 43 drownings in the county last year and 46 in 2018, including all types of drownings such as in oceans and pools, he said.

Austrian man lasts more than 2.5 hours in box of ice to break own record

Austrian man lasts more than 2.5 hours in box of ice to break own record

Josef Koeberl knows how to keep it cool.

The Austrian has managed to spend two hours, 30 minutes and 57 seconds inside a custom-made glass box filled up to his shoulders with ice cubes – wearing nothing but swim trunks.

“I’m fighting the pain by visualizing and drawing on positive emotions so I can dampen this wave of pain," Koeberl told reporters Saturday as a small crowd gathered in the town of Melk to watch the feat. "That way I can endure.”

Koeberl, the Associated Press says, beat his own record from 2019 by 30 minutes. It reportedly took more than 440 pounds of ice to fill up the box.

After being taken out of the icebox by helpers, Koeberl said the sun felt “really great” on his back.

Koeberl is planning to beat his own record one more time -- next year in Los Angeles. His team claims that Koeberl's personal record is also the current world record when it comes to exposing the body to ice for as long as possible.

Man chasing fly accidentally blows up part of house: report

A man in France was injured Friday after he blew up part of his home while trying to kill a fly with an electric swatter, according to reports.

The man, who is in his 80s, was about to eat dinner when he spotted the insect.

He picked up the bug-killing racket and start swatting at it -- unaware a gas canister was leaking from the home, located in the village of Parcoul-Chenaud in southwestern France, according to the BBC.

A reaction from the electric swatter and gas caused an explosion that destroyed his kitchen and partly damaged the roof.

He managed to escape the blast with only light burns to his hand and was transported to a local area hospital.

The residence is currently uninhabitable due to the collapsed roof, according to the French newspaper Sud Ouest.

Meanwhile, the unidentified man has since checked into a local campsite as his family attempts to repair the house, reports said.

It's not clear what happened to the fly.