• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

He admitted he used them. That is called a confession. I don't get there the lack of conviction is an issue.

If he had a) tested positive for illegal drugs or B) been arrested and convicted of a crime, we would be having a different conversation.

Neither of those things happened.

I am pretty sure it would be difficult to discipline anyone in any line of work without either of those things.

That's the reason this isn't such a clear cut case.

Since we don't know the exact content of Hamilton's treatment agreement, it's hard to say the arbitrator was wrong.

Also, baseball players have a really good Union because they are really good at their jobs. They aren't as easily replaced as steelworkers, so they tend to get what they want in collective bargaining.

Storm, he admitted before he tested.  The JDA program states you must test POSITIVE for a banned or illegal substance.  MLB was stupid enough to agree to it.  I don't know why he didn't have to get tested even after admitting but I guess that's the work around.  It's why I am wondering if now any baseball player can do the exact same thing meaning the JDA would only punish those that think the drug has left their system and or forgot they used in the first place.  I guess the JDA awards honesty.

An #Angels club official said Josh Hamilton has not yet made any overtures to club about stopping by clubhouse during #Astros series.

He's going to make $426,000 this weekend for doing nothing but hanging out at a ranch, and he can't bring himself to stop by the clubhouse for a few minutes???

Atrocious.

He's going to make $426,000 this weekend for doing nothing but hanging out at a ranch, and he can't bring himself to stop by the clubhouse for a few minutes???

Atrocious.

He has a disease. You can't expect him to think clearly now can you? How are you supposed to stop by a clubhouse when you are doing lines off of strippers stomachs?****

****I can't prove he is doing or isn't doing that. No one can it seems.

An #Angels club official said Josh Hamilton has not yet made any overtures to club about stopping by clubhouse during #Astros series.

And there's this:

“It’s weird for me,” Hector Santiago said. “This is my ninth season and it’s the first time I’ve seen someone on the DL not in the clubhouse. I have no idea (why). That’s why it’s such a weird thing. When we go to Houston is he allowed in our clubhouse? I feel like he’s part of the team, so why isn’t he here?”

Is anyone still doubting that he's ditched his teammates?

Yeah, I think it's telling that he doesn't want to come by and at least say hello to his teammates, if that is the case.  Maybe he's embarrassed over his relapse, maybe it's too much for him right now, who knows?  I would think that his teammates would be supportive of him, no matter what. 

Maybe there is about 30 people from the media that will demand an interview and he does not want to give an interview.

If you read my original post I stated I know what the collective bargaining contract says. I am saying that it illogical. An owner should be able to void the contract if an employee is caught using illegal drugs. There shouldn't be union protection of illegal drug users.

Storm, he admitted before he tested. The JDA program states you must test POSITIVE for a banned or illegal substance. MLB was stupid enough to agree to it. I don't know why he didn't have to get tested even after admitting but I guess that's the work around. It's why I am wondering if now any baseball player can do the exact same thing meaning the JDA would only punish those that think the drug has left their system and or forgot they used in the first place. I guess the JDA awards honesty.

I honestly don't know if Hamilton ditched the team or if the organization told him hes not welcome. Neither would surprise me.

I kinda feel like if the team wanted him there they'd have given him a locker.

I honestly don't know if Hamilton ditched the team or if the organization told him hes not welcome. Neither would surprise me.

I kinda feel like if the team wanted him there they'd have given him a locker.

Point taken. But the guys on the field don't have anything to do with the lockers, do they? They've stuck up for him, even expressing dissent against Dipoto's comments. And Scioscia seems to be publicly still commenting on him as he would comment on any other player. So...Even if he couldn't come to the clubhouse because the Powers that Be told him he wasn't wanted there, couldn't he at least say something to support his teammates? A tweet, a short press release, anything?

what they were saying on mlb radio this morning makes sense as to why the Angels are reacting as such. 

Apparently, Josh's agent went around to several teams and told them that if they pay the premium dollars for the player, then they will accept contract language that allows the contract to be voided if the player goes back to their old ways.  The Angels bought it and now want Josh and his agent to hold up their end of the agreement but it doesn't sound like they are anywhere close to that.  And if the player and his legal team use the letter of the contract as opposed to the spirit of the contract then it's going to be even more contentious.  

But it sure sounds like Arte and the Angles got sold a bill of goods. 

Point taken. But the guys on the field don't have anything to do with the lockers, do they? They've stuck up for him, even expressing dissent against Dipoto's comments. And Scioscia seems to be publicly still commenting on him as he would comment on any other player. So...Even if he couldn't come to the clubhouse because the Powers that Be told him he wasn't wanted there, couldn't he at least say something to support his teammates? A tweet, a short press release, anything?

He has talked to a lot of them. He has their phone numbers you know.