• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

This part of that article stood out for me:

"I'm sure there are a bevy of impending free agents out there looking at the Halos right now and telling their agents Anaheim is at the bottom of their list of desired destinations. Treating a player like this won't sit well."

Is the writer saying that drug users wouldn't be welcome on the Angels so they would sign with a different team? If that's the case, I wouldn't want them to sign here in the first place. Arte is mad that Hamilton relapsed and won't be held accountable for his actions. How does that scare away free agents that aren't drug addicts exactly?

Yeah, I took exception to that too. The Angels have a pretty decent track record with how they treat their players. They are not known to be like, say, the Wilpons who shit all over their players on the Mets team publicly. I remember the ish where they insinuated that Ike Davis liked to party too much and it actually ended up following him for years...turned out the dude.had Valley Fever and didn't party hard at all.

Anyway, if there's a drug addict player out there, yeah, they might be saying, "the Angels won't put up with relapses, better stay away." Anyone else? I doubt it. This is one player, with whom they have reason to be pissed...and whom they have treated with kid gloves up until now.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Is the writer saying that drug users wouldn't be welcome on the Angels so they would sign with a different team? If that's the case, I wouldn't want them to sign here in the first place. Arte is mad that Hamilton relapsed and won't be held accountable for his actions. How does that scare away free agents that aren't drug addicts exactly?

I don't see this in anyway discouraging other FA's coming here.

They can see how we treat the rest of the players and if they are focused on winning and not just making more money then they will still want to come here.

If they are substance abusers we don't want them here at all.

Every day he spends on that ranch in Texas rather than being with the team, the questions increase.

What's the rehab consist of? Who's his trainer, who's helping him? What's the timeline on a possible return to health?

Not that people are expecting him to ever play again for us, given all the comments by the organization. But assuming he will, when will he make some rehab starts in AAA? Is it weeks, or is it months away? So many questions, and nothing but a mystery.

Edited by fan_since79

In my eyes, the Angels' comments have been very tame. A realistic reaction would have been, "Hamilton is one of the biggest douches we have ever experienced in this franchise, we regret every day that we signed him and we hope that we never see him again." Instead the Angels have said they are "disappointed" that Josh didn't keep his end of the deal, whatever that deal was. How outrageous of them.

This

Do the same people that are offended by the way the Angels have handled this situation think the Yankees were out of line by how they responded to the A-roid situation?

I don't see why a team is supposed to only say wonderful things about players that are embarrassments to them. Hamilton didn't given a **** on the field for the 2 years he was here, made horrific PR comments about the fans and hides somewhere in Texas for months at a time during ST/the regular season "rehabbing". Doing blow and partying with strippers isn't even the worst of it.

In my eyes, the Angels' comments have been very tame. A realistic reaction would have been, "Hamilton is one of the biggest douches we have ever experienced in this franchise, we regret every day that we signed him and we hope that we never see him again." Instead the Angels have said they are "disappointed" that Josh didn't keep his end of the deal, whatever that deal was. How outrageous of them.

ARod always had a locker, even through a year-long suspension. ARod was quiet. He showed up. He started opening day. ARod has better numbers than Pujols. ARod is headed to that milestone HR bonus that the Yankees still refuse to pay. He shuts up and plays. They shut up and let him play.

ARod always had a locker, even through a year-long suspension. ARod was quiet. He showed up. He started opening day. ARod has better numbers than Pujols. ARod is headed to that milestone HR bonus that the Yankees still refuse to pay. He shuts up and plays. They shut up and let him play.

A-Roid shuts up and plays? I don't know what planet you have been living on for the past year or so, but I have heard him flapping his gums quite a bit over that time.

Do the same people that are offended by the way the Angels have handled this situation think the Yankees were out of line by how they responded to the A-roid situation?

I don't see why a team is supposed to only say wonderful things about players that are embarrassments to them. Hamilton didn't given a **** on the field for the 2 years he was here, made horrific PR comments about the fans and hides somewhere in Texas for months at a time during ST/the regular season "rehabbing". Doing blow and partying with strippers isn't even the worst of it.

The comments from  the Angels regarding Hamilton have been fairly tame. I bet they are holding some back.  

However... the message behind Arte's comments on Friday is justifiably considered disgusting by some, tacky by others... I'd even say pointless.  If Arte Moreno feels he has recourse (to rid himself of accountability), why pursue that in such a public manner?   As we've already seen, CJ Wilson isn't too thrilled with it. I bet he isn't the only one.

It seems he is simply angry and full of shit... or he and his lawyers are miscalculated their ability to make the Joint Drug Agreement disappear.   Either way, I don't get why they'd handle it like this.