• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In case you were wondering...

Coming home after 15 hours in the car driving in the rain for most of the time...to be greeted by your loving dog...who apparently just played tag with a skunk...not as cool as you might think it is.

Turning down our street and getting hit with skunk smell my first thought was...shit...not again...the dog can't be that dumb can it?

Yes...yes she can.

Coming home after 15 hours in the car driving in the rain for most of the time...to be greeted by your loving dog...who apparently just played tag with a skunk...not as cool as you might think it is.

Turning down our street and getting hit with skunk smell my first thought was...shit...not again...the dog can't be that dumb can it?

Yes...yes she can.

Only because dogs are eternal optimists.  "it is that black and white thing that made me stink last time, well that won't happen again because well, life is awesome!!!!!"

Peroxide, baking soda, dish detergent, water (look online for amounts). Tomato Juice just masks the small, that combination changes the chemical composition of the spray. Vet gave us the trick the first time one of the idiots was sprayed. (if history repeats itself...the other dog will go search out the skunk tonight)

Biggest pain in the butt there is.  Showing my house last time and everything smelled like burning rubber.  Tomato juice bath just got it all over me, skunk off at pet stores is worthless, did get red's recipe online but was too late by then. 

Dog:

I went out and played.  And met a new friend.  Then my master came home and gave me a special bath.  This is the best day of my life.

Cat:

I told the stupid dog that the black and white dog wanted to be friends.  The look on the bastards face when he came home was priceless.  He was gagging and choking while the stupid dog kept looking at him with that happy face.  I will add this to the list of things to use when I eventually snuff the life out of that bastard when he sleeps.

Peroxide, baking soda, dish detergent, water (look online for amounts). Tomato Juice just masks the small, that combination changes the chemical composition of the spray. Vet gave us the trick the first time one of the idiots was sprayed. (if history repeats itself...the other dog will go search out the skunk tonight)

Hah, I was just about to suggest that. Works perfectly and we have had way more experience than necessary to prove it does. We have a very robust skunk, possum and raccoon population in San Dimas. I don't think our dog differentiates between the three.

By the way Dawn dish washing soap is the best because of its grease/oil cutting formula.

It's happened to us a few times with a couple of different dogs.

The baking soda / hydrogen peroxide recipe recipe works reasonably well.  Unfortunately the human nose is extremely sensitive to the odor so you can still pick up a skunky smell on the dog weeks later after several washes.