• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pile on the hate: The Angels looks like Dbags today

Than.........than the military?

I mean athletes are in the public light and are role models, yet he gets off scott free after countless offenses.

If caught in military or federal gov. Your life is over.

Edited by Poozy

If they didn't intend for it to be directed to the public then they probably shouldn't have directed it to the public.

If it was for the team I imagine they have their phone numbers.

Do you take everything said in the media at face value? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd be happy to sell you.

Most companies don't have a zero tolerance policy if you come forward and ask for help.

It very much depends what the job is. A lot of places have zero tolerance for even trace amounts. If you're sitting at a desk, maybe they can afford to be helpful. If you're in a job where your actions directly affect others' health and safety, not so much. During the ALDS Hamilton hit the Royals' catcher in the head with his bat, and that was when he wasn't using, ostensibly. If he's not with it he can very easily do damage to another player.

Plus, even in the companies where they offer help, it very much depends on the situation. A company that might be willing to help an employee get through their drug habit the first time might not be quite so helpful when the same employee is going through it for the FOURTH time and is violating their agreement by using.

I've been around addicts, and at the end of the day, unless they are willing to stop making excuses and take a stand for themselves, nobody can help them. At some point one gets tired of watching them hurt themselves and those around them, and failing to stay committed to being sober, and the door has to be closed. I've cut addicts I know out of my life for that reason. You can care and you can help, but at the end of the day, if the addict doesn't step up, there's not much that can be done. There's a very valid reason that many addicts end up losing friends, alienating relatives and getting fired.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Easier to throw you on ignore. Im sure there's some new threads for you to troll.

Look if you are going to blow off steam in a thread, fine. If the subject is close too home then maybe you should step back a little before going off.

Hamilton has earned the reputation he has, both during his tenure with the Rangers and now with the Angels. This situation has gone as far as including the commissioner of baseball so it is not like some internal squabble about jersey numbers, locker assignments or music being played too loud.

The Statement issued by Dipoto was pretty milk toast. It basically had three parts, how the arbitration process concluded, where Hamilton stands with the Angels and the process for moving forward.

The Arbitration results did not coincide with the opinion of the commissioners office and was echoed by the Angels Vice President, Carpino. His follow up statement "We've really got to get Josh the help that he needs. That’s where the focus is. We're dealing with a person here." shows the Angels are concerned with Hamilton on a personal basis.

None of what you posted addressed any of those facts. Unless you have some other statements that apply I really don't think you are making a case for yourself.

I mean athletes are in the public light and are role models, yet he gets off scott free after countless offenses.

But you're saying baseball should be more strict than that? So a baseball player who breaks the rules should have their life be completely ruined?

"I'm a drug addict," Hamilton told USA Today in an interview shortly after being reinstated in June 2006. "It's not terminal, but there is no cure. It's hell on earth. It's a constant struggle. And it's going to be like that for the rest of my life."

Didn't the Angels get this memo before they decided to sign him? Sorry, but the blame here goes to the front office.

They might as well release him and "pay dat man his money".

The guy is basically untradeable now.

But you're saying baseball should be more strict than that? So a baseball player who breaks the rules should have their life be completely ruined?

Lives are not completely ruined by losing a job for breaking rules. It is a life reset, so either the person makes a life change or circles down the drain. Same choice process they had before they broke the rules for employment.

Lives are not completely ruined by losing a job for breaking rules. It is a life reset, so either the person makes a life change or circles down the drain. Same choice process they had before they broke the rules for employment.

....No one said that.

Poozy said on the previous page:

Most companies have a zero tolerance policy. If it was in the military he would have been kicked out with a dishonorable discharge for his first offense.

Good luck finding a job after that. "would you like fries with that?"

Why should baseball be any different? If anything, they should be more strict.

and then

Hence the post you responded to.

Edited by tdawg87

Most companies don't have a zero tolerance policy if you come forward and ask for help.

Yes but the Angels hired Hamilton knowing that he had a past and (falsely) thinking that the CBA would protect them if he ventured toward drugs again. 

What I want to know is why wasn't Hamilton drug tested after he admitted to using cocaine?

Do you know anything about addiction?

Problem with today world, nobody is held accountable.  Everybody makes excuses for people that have problems.  The Angels pay good money to Josh to play a game,  I don't have a problem with them expecting him to mentally and physically ready to do his job.  We are not talking a first time offender. Hold him responsible for his actions.

Yes but the Angels hired Hamilton knowing that he had a past and (falsely) thinking that the CBA would protect them if he ventured toward drugs again.

What I want to know is why wasn't Hamilton drug tested after he admitted to using cocaine?

My comment had nothing to do with Hamilton's issue. Just to do with the idea that most companies fire everyone who uses drugs. That assertion is just flat out false. I've seen it posted like 10 different times today so I decided to rebut.

I do not think that the DiPoto statement was just put together on the fly. I am sure that the organization put a lot of thought and time into the statement. I believe that it does reflect the feelings of Arte Moreno who after all is the owner and he likely feels that Josh has totally not met the commitments that were made when his contract was put together.

"An a hole and a jerk"? How do you figure? I've watched him sit for hours in Diablo Stadium signing for any and everyone. He did it everyday he could on his own time when every other player had left. He made some stupid decisions but that doesn't make an a hole or a jerk.

Oh hell, in that case pay him the 83 million.

Has Hamilton publicly commented about his use of drugs? A public apology for letting down his family, friends, teammates and the Angels organization would have been a good public relations move for his lack of poor judgement. I could be wrong but I haven't seen or heard anything. Being silent isn't helping his public image.

Which is why these comments lead me to believe that they don't think he can/will come back.

ive heard through the grapevine the angels werent expecting him back this season anyway. In all reality i can see the angels eating the contract. Yes that would be insane, but hes not exactly the most well liked throughout the org.

As far as the comments about 'if this were trout' or if hamilton was still good, yeah, fair enough. But the flip side of the coin is that if hamilton had been as mediocre previously as hes been for us, would baseball have looked past his history when the reds first signed him? Or more directly, would the angels have onked him to such a ridiculous megadeal? It works both ways.

Eaither way, i agree with rhe above comments about how much hes been treated with kid gloves. His own friends are saying he should retire...i hate to bring this into it, but for a guy whos very vocal about responsibilities via religion, he doesnt really strike me as one who follows the good word. And im not referring to his coke relapse..

Which is why these comments lead me to believe that they don't think he can/will come back.

ive heard through the grapevine the angels werent expecting him back this season anyway. In all reality i can see the angels eating the contract. Yes that would be insane, but hes not exactly the most well liked throughout the org.

As far as the comments about 'if this were trout' or if hamilton was still good, yeah, fair enough. But the flip side of the coin is that if hamilton had been as mediocre previously as hes been for us, would baseball have looked past his history when the reds first signed him? Or more directly, would the angels have onked him to such a ridiculous megadeal? It works both ways.

Eaither way, i agree with rhe above comments about how much hes been treated with kid gloves. His own friends are saying he should retire...i hate to bring this into it, but for a guy whos very vocal about responsibilities via religion, he doesnt really strike me as one who follows the good word. And im not referring to his coke relapse..