• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton will not be suspended: per DiGiovanna

Ok, all this hate for Josh is all based on assumptions. We don't know if he is taking responsibility or not. He had nothing to do with the lawyers of MLBPA and how they argued his case. The conspiracy theory cooked up in this thread is pure speculation without one shred of evidence. Josh was interviewed and spent the rest of the time in Texas. The lawyers argued the case and they were from MLBPA who defends Josh in order to defend all players.

We have absolutely no idea if Josh is taking responsibility or not because he hasn't said ANYTHING. People are merely speculating on assumptions and silence. It's a freaking witch hunt in here.

The accountability partner thing interests me the most. Did Josh let him go or was it the Angels who didn't like him hanging around the team? It obviously didn't work out but is this one of the possible things that caused problems between him and the FO?

Lastly, people mentioned the celebration and this is a historical reminder, Josh never joined in the champaign celebrations in Texas. They used Ginger Ale so he could join in with them. Many members of AA won't even use mouthwash with Alcohol in it so they don't even get any in their mouth. Josh not celebrating with champaign is nothing new. He never did that in Texas either.

Edited by GregAlso

By the way, here is what those who really know Josh Say about if he is accountable or not:

"Angels players genuinely love Hamilton as a person, because he's accountable, wholesome, playful and perpetually trying to do the right thing. But some have grown weary of all that comes with Hamilton as a baseball player, a lot of which is merely the product of his circumstance"

All of his public relapses have been in the offseason when he would not have had the accountability partner anyway. His wife is supposed to do that in the offseason. However, I think there are some issues there.

That makes a lot of sense. Any addict knows relying on your spouse to be your accountability partner is a recipe for disaster. That's why there are programs like Al-Anon for spouses and family members. Spouses tend to want to save their significant other but they often do the absolutely wrong thing because of their enmeshment with the addict. This is a tough lesson.

All of his public relapses have been in the offseason when he would not have had the accountability partner anyway. His wife is supposed to do that in the offseason. However, I think there are some issues there.

Which is probably why the Angels have expressed their displeasure publicly. There is way more to the story than the fans know.

I thought he had a alcohol related relapse in Texas that Ian Kindler witnessed? I may be wrong

Josh Hamilton is the poster child for someone who doesn't practice what he preaches. http://www.joshhamilton.net/fourtwelve-foundation

Help orphans and children without adult role models.

This would include (but not be restricted to) protecting and rescuing children and adults from human trafficking, providing aid and ministry to inner cities and helping youth develop the character to resist drugs and self-destructive habits. (Isaiah 1:17; Psalm 82:3)   Globally there […]

Ok, all this hate for Josh is all based on assumptions. We don't know if he is taking responsibility or not. He had nothing to do with the lawyers of MLBPA and how they argued his case. The conspiracy theory cooked up in this thread is pure speculation without one shred of evidence. 

Perhaps, but some of us have made our livings working with addicts, and it isn't just blind speculation about what is going on. We have seen this play before. There is a general pattern in the thinking and reasoning of addicts, and in 20+ years of doing this I have never seen one deviate from it. The degree of expression of some traits may vary from person to person, but the underlying thought processes are the same.

The accountability partner thing interests me the most. Did Josh let him go or was it the Angels who didn't like him hanging around the team? It obviously didn't work out but is this one of the possible things that caused problems between him and the FO?

According to this article from MLB.com, it was all Hamilton's decision to diminish the accountability partner's role and, presumably, to end the relationship completely.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Perhaps, but some of us have made our livings working with addicts, and it isn't just blind speculation about what is going on. We have seen this play before. There is a general pattern in the thinking and reasoning of addicts, and in 20+ years of doing this I have never seen one deviate from it. The degree of expression of some traits may vary from person to person, but the underlying thought processes are the same.

I have over 10 years of working with addicts myself. We can all pull out expertise. This is still all based on assumptions and the bias of those on this site. Many things color that bias. Additionally initial assumptions are being added to and whole conspiracies are being created.

I have over 10 years of working with addicts myself. We can all pull out expertise. This is still all based on assumptions and the bias of those on this site. Many things color that bias. Additionally initial assumptions are being added to and whole conspiracies are being created.

Then you must know that most substance abuse addicts are also compulsive liars. He probably started drinking again when he hurt his thumb.

Then you must know that most substance abuse addicts are also compulsive liars. He probably started drinking again when he hurt his thumb.

Yes they are compulsive liars but your statement about when he started to drink is also a major assumption. He is a very famous addict. If he was buying alcohol compulsively it would've been in the news by now, someone he bought from would've come forward for money. Something is going on but all these assumptions are ridiculous.

Yes they are compulsive liars but your statement about when he started to drink is also a major assumption. He is a very famous addict. If he was buying alcohol compulsively it would've been in the news by now, someone he bought from would've come forward for money. Something is going on but all these assumptions are ridiculous.

Famous athletes with addictions create ways to get what they want. No one knew that Tiger Woods was a party machine sex addict until his wife hit him with a 5 iron. It's laughable that Josh created a foundation (tax shelter) to help people in need and continually spits out Bible verses while he's destroying his own life. Many addicts hide behind religion to gain trust. Remember his putting poison in his body statement? Remember that he chose not to stay and celebrate with his teammates after winning the west. Yet he had no problem hitting the strip club while drinking and using cocaine. This guy is a train wreck that needs to get away from MLB permanently to save his own life.

I've seen loads of posters on here talk about how experienced they are with addicts and implying their opinions are more meaningful, and yet very few of the opinions align. It's almost as if there is no single or perfect response to an addicts behavior. It's almost as if it's a constant emotional battle for everyone involved.

I wonder how much of the team's anger is the product of Hamilton not treating his shoulder and not being prepared for spring training. That is what I find infuriating. If Hamilton had taken his injury/rehab more seriously and was ready to (try to) contribute, I doubt there would be this level of hostility.