• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB network 30 teams in 30 days: Angels

Glen

Anybody else catch this last night?  Not sure if it was on TV but I caught it on XM radio.  Lucky coincidence: I was driving to San Diego to drop off my daughter and as usual she fell asleep in the car (thanks, slow gas leak!) and when she did I switched over to MLB network and caught the preview right as it started.  Two hours worth of interviews and speculation.  It was well-done and informative, and a few things in particular caught my attention:

1.  An interview with CJ Wilson.  I expected to not like him but after the interview I'm completely in his corner.  Dude was affable and gave good answers to all the questions and was 180 degrees out from the douchebag I sorta expected.  I was already hoping for him to bounce back after the end of last season but now I'm rooting for him even more.  

2.  A statement from one of the guys doing the preview that the Angels traded Howie Kendrick with the thought that Hamilton was going to bounce back this year.  That seemed ridiculous to me, and definitely clashes with what we've seen from Dipoto the last two years. Could be an interesting question to ask Tim Mead in a few Sundays.  

3.  The state of our farm system.  The MLB dudes were impressed with Duke Nukem (you know you're gonna call him that) and his projected ceiling.  They wouldn't go any higher than #2/3 on any other pitching prospect but it's a welcome change from how barren the farm system was even just last year.

4.  Projected finish of second place in the AL West (and probable wild card) behind Seattle. 

5.  Everybody seems pretty high on Alex Yarbrough.  I think he could be the next Cole Calhoun (as in not much attention nationally but will develop into a solid contributor).

Anybody else catch this?  I think it's worth a listen.  I still have the MIKE TROUT! interview to listen to, had to record it.

*Edited to add #5.

Edited by Glen

1.  An interview with CJ Wilson.  I expected to not like him but after the interview I'm completely in his corner.  Dude was affable and gave good answers to all the questions and was 180 degrees out from the douchebag I sorta expected.  I was already hoping for him to bounce back after the end of last season but now I'm rooting for him even more.  

Was this the douche bag you sorta expected?

PJ-BQ843_MYRIDE_G_20131001184219.jpg

I also saw HK interviewed alongside Jimmy Rollins on Sportscenter last night, saying that Lasorda came up to him and said (paraphrasing here) "In Anaheim you were on a big league club, now you're on a Major League Club".  Whatever that means.  I'm sure it was a swipe at the Angels franchise and their LA branding, but a stupid one at that.

I also saw HK interviewed alongside Jimmy Rollins on Sportscenter last night, saying that Lasorda came up to him and said (paraphrasing here) "In Anaheim you were on a big league club, now you're on a Major League Club".  Whatever that means.  I'm sure it was a swipe at the Angels franchise and their LA branding, but a stupid one at that.

tommy-lasorda-asleep-dodgers-game.jpg

Ha!

That place is in Corona on 6th St. I don't know how long they have been there, but that Pimp My Ride show garage is around the corner after they moved from LA. The owner and main dude on the shows used to be my neighbor.

Edit: Autocorrect

Edited by Brandon

First car the wife and I bought together was a '95 SC2. Great car, served us plus two daughters, was still running well when we sold it.

Paid $800 for mine 3 years ago with 140K on it. Every plastic panel has some kind of crack or chunk out of it. I already have put more than 100K miles on it since, and it gets 35mpg hwy. The thing may look like it has been inside a dog's mouth, but it gets me to work from Fontana to Hollywood super cheap. My previous Saturn was a 94 and still runs with over half a M on it. Couldn't smog it after 500K so I kept it for parts. Disposable cars FTW. Edited by ELEVEN

Paid $800 for mine 3 years ago with 140K on it. Every plastic panel has some kind of crack or chunk out of it. I already have put more than 100K miles on it since, and it gets 35mpg hwy. The thing may look like it has been inside a dog's mouth, but it gets me to work from Fontana to Hollywood super cheap. My previous Saturn was a 94 and still runs with over half a M on it. Couldn't smog it after 500K so I kept it for parts. Disposable cars FTW.

You work from Fontana to Hollywood?

That's one crazy mofo lol