• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Historical games you would have liked to attend

fan_since79

January 2000 Super Bowl (Rams!)

The first WS game in 1903

The first NFL title game in 1933

Game 6 of 1985 NBA Finals, the end of the Celtics curse and the first time they ever saw an opponent win the title on their court

Obviously games 6 and 7 of 2002 WS

Obviously game 6 of 2012 SC Finals and game 5 of 2014 SC Finals

Miracle on Manchester in 1982

And for some fun, WM3 in 1987 at the Silverdome

Edited by Angel Oracle

That was the 32 series against the Cubs and it's probably more myth than truth.

Nothing can match the myth in The Babe regarding the 3 HR game in 1935, showing a runner taking the Babe's place as he got to 1B on the first two HRs.

What he did do in the 1932 WS game was to put his hands in a pushing motion as he approached 3B on the HR "called shot", apparently to mockingly push away the Cubs who were sitting in the 3B dugout.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I was at game 7 in 2002...would have almost traded it to have been to game 6

I was at 5,6 & 7 and I wouldn't trade any of them. Even game 5 since it was my first WS game. Walking up the ramp I saw the field and I don't think I ever saw greener grass in my life.

I turned into an 8 year old kid for a little while. Probably even skipped on up to my seats if I was even aware of myself at that point.

EDIT: I didn't even have seats! I stood in standing room above the RF bleachers and froze my ass off underneath those water cannons that go off whenever the Giants score a run. We lost 16-4.

I still felt we were gonna win as I sloshed my way onto a bus after the game. That was OUR year.

Edited by ELEVEN

Yeah, sometimes i think back to being there (its been awhile so you forget), and ive never been in anything like it. The crowd for that game was unreal.

When they won, i just remember my buddy and i turning and looking at each other...not smiling, shaking hands or anything...just speechless. Both of us were diehard angel fans who worked with a ton of dodger fans, and were always the only two at work who could make good arguments about how the angels were better than anyone gave them credit for. When it finally happened...like i said, speechless

Ruth pointing (I'd watch for it)

1919 World Series Game #1

Miracle On Ice

UCLA-Louisville in 1975 Semi-finals

Jackie Robinson stealing home

Koufax's Perfect-o

Bartman game

dm_131010_dm_131010_mlb_wayne_drehs_inte

I like how at least eight other people reached for the ball, but only he gets blamed for it.

Yeah, sometimes i think back to being there (its been awhile so you forget), and ive never been in anything like it. The crowd for that game was unreal.

When they won, i just remember my buddy and i turning and looking at each other...not smiling, shaking hands or anything...just speechless. Both of us were diehard angel fans who worked with a ton of dodger fans, and were always the only two at work who could make good arguments about how the angels were better than anyone gave them credit for. When it finally happened...like i said, speechless

Game 7 was over sometime before 9pm, but I didn't even get to my car until 3. We all just hung out all night and lost our minds together. I ended up with every knock off parking lot t shirt that had anything close to WORLD CHAMPIONS on it. About 30 in all. Some were repeats, I was so drunk!

Mine are all World Series Game 7s.

1960 - Mazeroski's HR wins it for the Pirates over the Yankees, the only Game 7 walk off HR ever.

1955 - Brooklyn's only championship.

1991 - Minnesota's 10 inning 1-0 win over Atlanta.

1924 - Washington's only WS win.

1971 - Pittsburgh's upset over Baltimore.

I didn't mention 2002 because I was fortunate to be there (and Game 6, too.) I'll never forget my brother and I were absolutely stunned. I had Dave Henderson flashbacks (was there for that one, as well, right by the left field foul pole) as soon as Kenny Lofton swung with two outs with the tying runs on base and sent the ball to deep right center. It really seemed to me that he got more of it than he did but then Erstad waved his arms and that was that. I remember some guy bought a whole box of World Champion Angels hats and was giving them away and I just missed grabbing the last one. We stayed inside the ballpark until they told us to leave about an hour or so later. There's a landscape photograph of that moment right as the fireworks were exploding in the sky and the celebration was beginning that I have in my home office. Whoever took the picture must have been within an arms reach of me. Great memory.

Edited by LAA Road Tripper

Someone already mentioned it, but the cards/rangers clincher. Sac relig to say it, but that was better than our game 6. I remember listening to it on the radio at work. No horse in the race, was kind of pulling for the rangers because i respected the run they went on and like to see teams that suck for a long time put it together.

Game had so many see saws and turning points, was really cool to listen to.

.....was cool to hear a big series that pujols, hamilton and freese all did big things....if only...

^good call, the game in fenway where we swept was priceless. I remember listening to terry smith on the air, and seeing him try to be professional but at the same time as hyped as we were.

For me personally, i was always a huge vlad fan. He was my favorite as an expo so when he came here i was ecstatic. I remember having arguments on here his last season when people said he was done. Was very happy to see him have that big moment

Old Yankee Stadium ... 2008 All Star HR Derby

In the first round, Hamilton set an MLB record for most home runs in one round of a Derby with 28, hitting 13 of them with eight outs.

That was the biggest display of power I've ever seen. Most of his HR's were monster shots.

I was there with my wife and it was epic.  We wanted to make sure we saw old Yankee Stadium before they closed it and since that was the last year - we decided to go big and go to the all-star game.  It was a magical night and one I'll never forget. When the Yankee faithful started chanting Ham-il-ton, I got goose bumps because that just doesn't happen in that park.

Edited by True Grich

I would have loved being at the game where Michael Barrett punched A.J. Pierzynski.

I also would have loved to have been at the 1971 World Series to see Roberto Clemente.  Definitely Ryan's no hitters.

johnny van der mer's second no-hitter.

any of ryan's no-nos.

79 angels vs. royals where fred lynn and brian downing nearly crushed each other making that amazing catch in left center.

the angels first clinching game in '79.

I was at the last 2.

When we clinched I hung upside down from the back row of the upper view level wall screaming my head off YESWECAN!!!! while my friends held onto my legs.

Oh to be young and chemically imbalanced...

Edited by ELEVEN