• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Historical games you would have liked to attend

fan_since79

The game Babe Ruth pointed to the outfield and proceeded to hit a home run would have been cool to see.

That one, and also Ruth's final home run in 1935. He was with the Boston Braves and hit three home runs that day. #714 was the first ball to clear the RF roof at Forbes Field. It traveled at least 500 feet. Ruth retired from baseball a few days later.

ruthlasthomerun.jpg

I was at all of the WS games in 2002. I would have loved to see any of Ryan's Angel no hitters. Ironically the last opening day I missed was the combined no hitter between Mike Witt and Mark Langston. I would have liked to have seen the series clinching game against the Yankees in 2002, that was the last playoff game I missed. Don Larsens perfect game in the WS would be cool. There are literally a ton of games I would love to have witnessed. Gehrig's retirement speech game. I had tickets for Adenharts last game but didn't go because my son had school the next morning.

1971 All-Star game.  6 homers.  All by future Hall of Famers.  Bench, Aaron, and Clemente for the NL.  Jackson, F. Robinson, and Killebrew for the AL.

I remember as a little kid watching this game on TV in a hotel room in San Marcos, Texas.  Reggie's light tower shot was probably the moment I fell in love with baseball.  I can still watch it on youtube over and over again.

Of course the downside to all of this is that I would have had to have been in Detroit. 

Old Yankee Stadium ... 2008 All Star HR Derby

In the first round, Hamilton set an MLB record for most home runs in one round of a Derby with 28, hitting 13 of them with eight outs.

That was the biggest display of power I've ever seen. Most of his HR's were monster shots.

I was there in my season Seats were essentially View level looking down first base line. I had as many beers as Hamilton HRs and it was awesome. The game wasn't as fun. In fact the AS game was boring.

I would have loved to have been to:

The Merkel boner game

1933 AS game at Comsikey

The 34 ASG when Hubbell struck everyone out

Reggie's 3-hrs in 77

The game where Cobb went into the stands and beat the crap out of the handicapped guy.

Probably the 1918 WS or any other game Ruth pitched between 1914 and 1919.

Any game sitting next to a young AO, so probably in the Chavez Ravine days of 62-65

Edited by SOTO