• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giambi Retires After 20 Years

Amazing Larry

as a fan, and staunchly anti PED, i'm ok with giambi. he was the one guy who didn't hide from his usage. he took it on the chin and stopped using after that. i can forgive and forget when you respond in stand up fashion. acknowledging that he still cheated.

he hid it for a very long time, actually.  he decided not to perjure himself before a grand jury in case he was one of the unnamed group who popped positive on 2003 tests.  no need to romanticize his situation. 

it's as impossible to be staunchly anti PED as and MLB fan as it is to be staunchly anti PED as an NFL fan.  both testing systems are equal jokes, and the only people who get caught are idiots. there's a reason the biggest PED bust in history in MLB was the result of zero positive PED tests. 

other than hiding it in the sense of hiding it while doing it, i don't remember him evading it. i remember him getting caught and admitting it, while using some creative language because he wasn't sure if he was going to get sued or charged with a crime. 

i'm not a romantic. when it comes to baseball, it's considered a fault of mine.

your wording got a little garbled in that last part, but i think i got the message. i often hear that sentence, "only idiots get caught." i believe it's been said so many times that it's become accepted as fact. i'm not sure i believe it, but that's just me. i don't see repetition as greater evidence of fact.

in any case, he cheated and was stand up enough to admit it and take his punishment. i still think he and others should have lost their mvp's awards, but i can forgive a person that admits their wrongs and accepts their punishment. 

I'll never forget his walk off as a Yankee against Minnesota when it was raining and a late night in the bronx.

I think he was slumping and that was his first season in pinstripes. I think?

Edit- found it. Walk off grand slam

Edited by nando714

I'll never forget his walk off as a Yankee against Minnesota when it was raining and a late night in the bronx.

I think he was slumping and that was his first season in pinstripes. I think?

Edit- found it. Walk off grand slam

"... one of the best games you'll ever see!" 

Jeeez... Sterling is such a schmuck.