• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Free Agent Catchers

Troll Daddy

Alex Avila

Chris Ianetta

John Jaso

Dioner Navarro

Brayan Pena

A.J. Pierzynski

Matt Wieters

I would be interested in hearing your opinions for next season.

Do the Angels offer Ianetta a extension ?

Is there anyone currently that can step in next season?

Do the Angels go after a free agent? Wieters? Jaso ? ... etc.

Btw I left out Jeff Mathis ... because, I think you know.

If it was just to be a back up catcher.... Mathis isn't the worst idea.

You know as well as I do that if Mathis was brought back, he would start at least half of our games, Dipoto got him off the roster because it was killing our offense. Every other team he has played for has at least been realistic about his value and uses him only to spell the starter.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

You know as well as I do that if Mathis was brought back, he would start at least half of our games, Dipoto got him off the roster because it was killing our offense. Every other team he has played for has at least been realistic about his value and uses him only to spell the starter.[/quote

You're not talking about the same offense we saw in the playoffs?

Wieters will be sought after -- apparently has Boras as an agent which means Wieters has probably already turned down an O's offer to extend and probably won't entertain an extension offer during the 2015 season.

as for Ianetta -  let's see how 2015 goes -- he's been hurt (DL) quite a bit during his career and during 2014........if he can have an injury free 2015 and catch 130 games or so -- then look at an extension/ signing -- perhaps a 1 plus 1.

no long term deal for catchers.........unless they're named Buster Posey or Yadier Molina.

You know as well as I do that if Mathis was brought back, he would start at least half of our games, Dipoto got him off the roster because it was killing our offense. Every other team he has played for has at least been realistic about his value and uses him only to spell the starter.

You're not talking about the same offense we saw in the playoffs?

As badly as we hit in the KC series, add Mathis to that and we may not have scored in the entire series.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan