• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

The hacker group Anonymous says they have information that ISIS plans to launch attacks tomorrow in five countries, including the U.S.

http://www.ibtimes.com/anonymous-says-isis-plans-attacks-against-paris-world-sunday-2194926

i guess the prophecy will end up being true.

isis members will get f*cked by a bunch of virgins.

anonymous are not viewed as legitimate hardcore hackers in the security field.

they are mostly just kids who spend a lot of time guessing passwords and running scripts.

taking down a website with DDOS is not that difficult, and it doesn't really help things here.

for counter espionage you want to snoop on isis and see what they are doing so you can prepare and counter their moves, not force them into back channels.

Edited by mrwicked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/11/23/democrats-echo-republicans-on-obamas-failure/

Democrats echo Republicans on Obama’s failure

It was a remarkable across-the-board showing on Sunday of frustration with and criticism of President Obama’s failed Islamic State policy. And that was just the Democrats.

Ranking member on the Senate Intelligence Committee Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) had this exchange on “Face the Nation“:

FEINSTEIN: I don’t think the approach is sufficient to the job. I think there are general principles, and the general principles in terms of the administration strategy, too, but I’m concerned that we don’t have the time, and we don’t have years. We need to be aggressive now, because ISIL is a quasi-state.

ISIL has 30,000 fighters. It’s got a civil infrastructure. It’s got funding. It’s spreading in other countries. And it’s a big, big problem. And now what you see, I think, in other places is a competition developing from other terrorist organizations.

But ISIL is something apart. It’s enormously strong. And it has to be dealt with in a very strong manner.

https://screen.yahoo.com/fmr-obama-top-intel-gen-201608676.html

On the November 23rd edition of Yahoo News Live, retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General and former Defense Intelligence Agency Director, Michael Flynn told Yahoo News and Finance Anchor, Bianna Golodryga that President Obama is “confused as to what type of enemy we are facing” and says ISIS is not a criminal but terrorists with a plan.

GOP wants an ISIS attack on American soil.  If GOP were seeking reelection they likely would set one up.  Why?  because they can't even beat Hillary and Bernie without one. Now we did have an ISIS attack here (well ISIS wanna-bes) and it was just a twisted smoking pile of metal and flesh where a security guard helped take them down.  GOP has no real ideas, other than Trump who will soon be saying just string people up with ropes if you don't like them and his numbers will go up.  What GOP candidate has anything to say but Obama bad ISIS?  Come on FOX News crew. You are going to lose again, I will vote the other way given a better reason than fear. 

GOP wants an ISIS attack on American soil.  If GOP were seeking reelection they likely would set one up.  Why?  because they can't even beat Hillary and Bernie without one. Now we did have an ISIS attack here (well ISIS wanna-bes) and it was just a twisted smoking pile of metal and flesh where a security guard helped take them down.  GOP has no real ideas, other than Trump who will soon be saying just string people up with ropes if you don't like them and his numbers will go up.  What GOP candidate has anything to say but Obama bad ISIS?  Come on FOX News crew. You are going to lose again, I will vote the other way given a better reason than fear. 

Wow

You know how over time you know the sense of humor of people? Well when I read this post I knew who posted it.

im not dialed in enough with stats or intelligence to add any substance to the baseball threads, so i try and throw in doses of my immaturity to keep threads going.

(Chuck sends me a royalty check of $10.00 every year on presidents day as a thank you)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/11/23/democrats-echo-republicans-on-obamas-failure/

Democrats echo Republicans on Obama’s failure

It was a remarkable across-the-board showing on Sunday of frustration with and criticism of President Obama’s failed Islamic State policy. And that was just the Democrats.

Ranking member on the Senate Intelligence Committee Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) had this exchange on “Face the Nation“:

FEINSTEIN: I don’t think the approach is sufficient to the job. I think there are general principles, and the general principles in terms of the administration strategy, too, but I’m concerned that we don’t have the time, and we don’t have years. We need to be aggressive now, because ISIL is a quasi-state.

ISIL has 30,000 fighters. It’s got a civil infrastructure. It’s got funding. It’s spreading in other countries. And it’s a big, big problem. And now what you see, I think, in other places is a competition developing from other terrorist organizations.

But ISIL is something apart. It’s enormously strong. And it has to be dealt with in a very strong manner.

Im not defending obama here. But firstly, feinstein is an idiot...like just about every other politician. Theyre all just mouthpieces. The problem with isis is far more complex than just saying "attack".

Isis is bending over backwards to bring us there. Same with rhe russians, turks, france, london soon enough, etc. But we're the big one....makes you wonder why they want that so badly.

The grunt in me, who still has enough left in him, sees the situation of rhem holding territory, being organized and identifiable (at least in their so called caliphate), and look like they would stand and fight head on.....this is something we tried for years to get them (along with sadrs people) to do in iraq, but save for falluja, and to a lesser extent ramadi, they never would. If we truly commited, we could steamroll their territory in a matter of a month or two.

The problem is, what support do we get from the in theater players? And who takes over the peace keeping mission afterwards?

That was a major failure in iraq. The insurgency smartly targetted the UN in 2003 before us, got them to pull out. We ended up wasting our combat power on peace keeping missions, something we arent set to do (well)

I absolutely agree something more needs to be done. Im not sure us invading and giving them what they want is it. As far as i can see, hitting their finances is the first thing we need to seriously do. Take away their ability to pay their fighters and you may see their numbers dwindle. Obviously a ton of them are jihad motivated, but plenty are more mercenary than believer so to speak.

The key, as it was circe 2008/9 in Iraq is to get the sunnis to turn on them. Too many people in the region see isis as a buffer to the shia, which is a far more important dynamic than national borders/identity. That was a huge cause for tension way back when isis was AQI. Bin laden kept urging zarqawi to focus on us, he saw us as secondary, with the shia being his public enemy number 1. The religious war he set off is what turned iraq into a living hell. Gloves came completely off, both sides killing roughly a paris a day so to speak around anbar province, with us playing wack a mole, completely ignorant and out of ideas on how to stop it.

The only thing that calmed it down was the sunnis in anbar finally coming to a understanding with the govt (shia) that AQ was bad. They finally tired of the brutality AQ (which were mostly foreigners, a big deal when dealing with a tribal community like iraq), and began fighting AQ themselves. Thats the key to every insurgency, drain the pond. Drain the pond so the bad fish cant hide among the others.

Thats kimd of happened in isis' case. The problem is they have entire cities basically held hostage. We go in there, the inevitable hundreds if not thousands of people caught in the middle are lilled, and its a new propoganda victory for them. One thing is usually as reliable than any bet, and thats the fact we are outsiders. If we kill one innocent to try and stop them from killing 10, were still the bad guy

Agreed. Lame duck for sure. Its not rhat i think hes done good, theres just too much of a mess for any one administration to deal with. 2 wars on the back end, financial crisis, half rhe world wanting us to back off, the other half saying do something, nobody wanting to pay for it, etc.

Again, not defending him, but we give (the general public) too much credit to what any president can actually do i think.

Im not defending obama here. But firstly, feinstein is an idiot...like just about every other politician. Theyre all just mouthpieces. The problem with isis is far more complex than just saying "attack".

Isis is bending over backwards to bring us there. Same with rhe russians, turks, france, london soon enough, etc. But we're the big one....makes you wonder why they want that so badly.

The grunt in me, who still has enough left in him, sees the situation of rhem holding territory, being organized and identifiable (at least in their so called caliphate), and look like they would stand and fight head on.....this is something we tried for years to get them (along with sadrs people) to do in iraq, but save for falluja, and to a lesser extent ramadi, they never would. If we truly commited, we could steamroll their territory in a matter of a month or two.

The problem is, what support do we get from the in theater players? And who takes over the peace keeping mission afterwards?

That was a major failure in iraq. The insurgency smartly targetted the UN in 2003 before us, got them to pull out. We ended up wasting our combat power on peace keeping missions, something we arent set to do (well)

I absolutely agree something more needs to be done. Im not sure us invading and giving them what they want is it. As far as i can see, hitting their finances is the first thing we need to seriously do. Take away their ability to pay their fighters and you may see their numbers dwindle. Obviously a ton of them are jihad motivated, but plenty are more mercenary than believer so to speak.

The key, as it was circe 2008/9 in Iraq is to get the sunnis to turn on them. Too many people in the region see isis as a buffer to the shia, which is a far more important dynamic than national borders/identity. That was a huge cause for tension way back when isis was AQI. Bin laden kept urging zarqawi to focus on us, he saw us as secondary, with the shia being his public enemy number 1. The religious war he set off is what turned iraq into a living hell. Gloves came completely off, both sides killing roughly a paris a day so to speak around anbar province, with us playing wack a mole, completely ignorant and out of ideas on how to stop it.

The only thing that calmed it down was the sunnis in anbar finally coming to a understanding with the govt (shia) that AQ was bad. They finally tired of the brutality AQ (which were mostly foreigners, a big deal when dealing with a tribal community like iraq), and began fighting AQ themselves. Thats the key to every insurgency, drain the pond. Drain the pond so the bad fish cant hide among the others.

Thats kimd of happened in isis' case. The problem is they have entire cities basically held hostage. We go in there, the inevitable hundreds if not thousands of people caught in the middle are lilled, and its a new propoganda victory for them. One thing is usually as reliable than any bet, and thats the fact we are outsiders. If we kill one innocent to try and stop them from killing 10, were still the bad guy

There is no sense of national identity in these areas. No loyalty to a flag. You control a region by buying it or threatening it. Neither of those is sustainable to an outside force. The best we can hope for is to cut off the head of the monster and hope it's replaced by one less ambitious about a worldwide caliphate.

There is no sense of national identity in these areas. No loyalty to a flag. You control a region by buying it or threatening it. Neither of those is sustainable to an outside force. The best we can hope for is to cut off the head of the monster and hope it's replaced by one less ambitious about a worldwide caliphate.

agree fully. This is one of the reasons the west cant "win". Their way of life is completely different than ours. Its not a knock on them, or a pat on the back for us. Its that our approach to how to handle things there are totally alien. You cant show them "the wisdom" of our way of life if they have no desire to be like us.

Us stupidly thinking they would come around after experiencing democracy (being allowed to vote) and capitalism (which exists there, but differnt rules), thereby erasing thousands of years of rheir way of doing things, has as much of a chance of success as them coming here, forcing rhe old testament on to the people, and stunting our economy on the edicts of ancient ideas.

Think about how lost in translation the idea of eduaction, investing money, saving money, etc is lost on millions of people here in our own country. Were not going to change an entire region of millions of people in another one.

I read a good article a while back, forget the author, but he had recently interviewed a former repulican guard honcho who became a heavy hitter in the insurgency during OIF. May have been a deck of cards guy if i remember correctly.

Anyway, the author byilt a relationship with him during OIF, and still had enough clout to reinterview him recently (who i believe is no isis). Anyway, the iraqi said the biggest mistake we made was breaking up the baath party. That the insurgency was willing to work with the coalition from rhe start. Im ad libbing, but he said something along the lines of they were willing to let us establish long term bases there, like germany he said, they pretty much expected it. They were willing to do that because they wanted us to buffer the iranians. When we broke up the army, thats what set them off. All these guys were suddenly jobless and powerless to the shia for the first time in decades if not longer.

Obviously that was just this guys take. Finding two people over there who share the same idea for longer than a year is tough enough. But really aheds light on how bad we blundered on something that could have almost worked.

ANd unfortunately we (the world) will be paying the price for it for years and years

Can we just leave the Middle East plz? We can employ thousands of roughnecks by producing our own oil, Arch can train pilots in 29 Palms and we won't piss away billions of dollars fighting an ideology.

It would be nice if our president would quit bowing down to his MIC overlords but for now it seems that the only person in D.C. with a set of balls is woman in the House of Representatives.

Turkey shoots down Russian fighter jet over Syrian airspace or Turkish airspace, depending on who you talk to.  However, Russia's defense ministry says they can 'prove' their jet was over Syria for the entire flight and has already declared this a clear act of aggression by a NATO member country.  Turkey has already been in contact with NATO and the UN and appears to be nervous.  And nevermind the fact that Turkey has been 'illegally' bombing inside Syria for about 6 months now.

https://www.rt.com/news/323215-warplane-crash-syria-turkey/