• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Mel Brooks Movie

JAHV76

I have always loved Mel Brooks movies. He is a comic genius with Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs to name a few. My favorite is Young Frankenstein it has so many subtle scenes you have to watch it a few times to catch them all. I especially like the scene with Gene Hackman as the blind man.

Are you a fan of Mel if so what's your favorite moie?

Brookes fought tooth and nail with the studios to shoot Young Frankenstein in black and white. They wanted it in color and then agreed it could be shot on color print film then transferred in black and white. Brookes saw through the bullshit and told them no way, if it was shot color it would end up in color once they had the final cut.

You light and set design, even filter different for black and white and his attention to detail is why this movie really holds up and doesn't come off a gimicy.

My favorite has to be Blazing Saddles, followed by The Producers, History of the World and Spaceballs.

Favorite scenes from each:

Blazing Saddles: Campfire scene

The Producers: Springtime for Hitler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiryTUCtLNA

History of the World: Jews in Space

History of the World: The Spanish Inquisition

Spaceballs: Dark Helmet

Blazing Saddles by a long shot. I remember the first time I watched it. Thankfully it was uncensored on TV. I couldn't believe that the first line in the movie was, "dock that chink a day's pay for napping on the job." My mouth flew open. I couldn't believe they said that, not knowing that that joke was the least of my worries compared to the rest of them.

No one is giving love to Men in Tights and that's a shame it was my first Mel Brooks film I ever saw and is still hilarious to this day. The childhood humor is excellent.