• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aybar doesn't look good - DL stint possible

kevinb

Per Mike DiGiovanna

Erick Aybar said left heel hurts more today than yesterday. Still waiting MRI and X-Ray results. Doesn't look good. 

Nooooo! Aybar gets a lot of crap from a lot of this board for boneheaded plays. But he is my favorite Angels player. I love the way he plays like a kid goofs around and always has a smile on his face. He is usually really clutch and I think he is a part of the glue that holds this team together with his tremendous D and attitude. Please don't be hurt for longer than a day or two. 

Hmmmm, this really sucks.

I suffered the same injury landing hard on my heel playing in a competitive mens softball league 6 years ago playing on Microsoft's team.

It hurt like hell, turned out I fractured my heel and was out or a long time. I hope that's not what Aybar has. I really hope it's just a bruise on his heel, but even those can take up to two weeks to heel. 

It's especially worrying when our backup is somebody with a 0.0 WAR after 489 MLB games, lost all ability to hit between 2009 and 2012 (and probably only regained it last year from playing at altitude) and sucks defensively.

Who?  why do you use somebody instead of an actual name?    Harris?  Romine?

Aybar is a terrible situational hitter, the team needs more players that bring intangibles not strikeouts and errors with the game on the line.   I wanna see what somebody can do.

Who? why do you use somebody instead of an actual name? Harris? Romine?

Aybar is a terrible situational hitter, the team needs more players that bring intangibles not strikeouts and errors with the game on the line. I wanna see what somebody can do.

He's one of the best defensive shortstops in the game. His injury does not help this club.

Who?  why do you use somebody instead of an actual name?    Harris?  Romine?

Aybar is a terrible situational hitter, the team needs more players that bring intangibles not strikeouts and errors with the game on the line.   I wanna see what somebody can do.

More grit? Aybar is one of the top three short stops in the game.

No Jay, he can't. If he could maybe he would have played a game in the majors the last two years. He doesn't provide much for defense, he can't run fast or steal bases and was at best a .260 hitter. This is a bench utility player and no where near Aybar's talent level.

actually, Aybar being a good bunter is a myth.  Even Terry Smith one day during spring training, said that Aybar's percentage of successful sacrifice bunts was well below league average.  

The thing we'll miss the most about Aybar, if it is in fact an extended absence, is his defense.