• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For Stradling and Burger Lovers Everywhere.

In-N-Out probably sells somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000,000 burgers a year. What would their motivation be to make things more difficult on themselves by adding bacon?

Variety. I would go there twice as often if they had something with a different taste.

I get the efficiency concept. I also get that the reason IAO has been so successful isn't because they don't have options for their burgers.

In-N-Out probably sells somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000,000 burgers a year. What would their motivation be to make things more difficult on themselves by adding bacon?

400m sounds high.

300 locations, 1250 burgers/day (average per location), 365.25 days/year:

136,968,750 burgers/year....

per 9 innings.

for the record i love in n out.

Edited by mrwicked

Not to mention we freeze nothing so we are currently in the cow business, getting bacon would now mean as a company we would be in the pig business. I highly doubt as a company we would have someone provide us with bacon.

IMO this is one huge edge that you have on everyone else. Freezing changes the flavor and texture of everything, and you can really tell the places that don't do it. Back when McDonald's developed their reputation for great fries, they were preparing them the same way In N Out does it now - using a manual cutter. I remember going to McD's on my bike in the 1960s to pick up food for the family and watching through the glass as they cut fries. You won't find that now.

Another place that doesn't freeze anything is Steak & Shake. It shows.

As far as adding anything to the menu, McDonald's is finding that it is slowing their sales. It complicates food preparation and it slows down service to have too many things on the menu.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

IMO this is one huge edge that you have on everyone else. Freezing changes the flavor and texture of everything, and you can really tell the places that don't do it. Back when McDonald's developed their reputation for great fries, they were preparing them the same way In N Out does it now - using a manual cutter. I remember going to McD's on my bike in the 1960s to pick up food for the family and watching through the glass as they cut fries. You won't find that now.

Another place that doesn't freeze anything is Steak & Shake. It shows.

As far as adding anything to the menu, McDonald's is finding that it is slowing their sales. It complicates food preparation and it slows down service to have too many things on the menu.

I love Steak & Shake burgers, but especially their chili.

I will eat Steak & Shake chili even if it's 100 degrees out (and I have).

I'm sometimes stuck with McD's because they are the closest to the house and the wife likes their Filet o Fish. Their burgers were much better years ago. Today I went to the Chinese place across the parking lot and ordered, then got her Filet while my food was being prepared. Forgot to ask if they have Dream and Roman.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I liked In-n-out when we'd get it as a kid on the way out to Vegas. It was a rare treat. Now there's practically 3 in-n-outs in my city (the district is close enough to Irvine, since it's Jamboree-adjacent, and no matter how great their concept and process is, waiting 20 minutes in a drive thru sucks. My wife and kids crave it a lot so, I'll probably still eat it 2-3 times a year.

I think the Habit does a good burger. There are also many gourmet burger joints in the area (G Burger's fire burger is top notch) that are just fine. I like in-n-out's commitment to simplicity and the integrity they have to not add a million things on the menu.

You look at McDonald's and it's the Chinese restaurant of burger joints. The menu board is busier than a vegas sports book tote board.

I thought I had had Steak 'n Shake coming from spring training but maybe it was whataburger. After the comments here I will have to make a point of hitting that joint. Hopefully it's not as disappointing as Smashburger. After hearing about that for years, I was disgusted.

I think the Habit does a good burger. There are also many gourmet burger joints in the area (G Burger's fire burger is top notch) that are just fine. I like in-n-out's commitment to simplicity and the integrity they have to not add a million things on the menu.

I really like the Habit as well. I love that they have onion rings, bacon, and barbeque sauce.

However, I also pay a lot more for my family to eat there than INO. We can go nuts at INO for about $20, while doing the same at the Habit will run us closer to $28. Big difference, in my opinion.

There's absolutely no end to the number of places around here in Texas that have outstanding burgers, but for some reason I just prefer In N Out to all of them.

They just opened their first San Antonio location and they're building another right on my commute home and another even closer to my house (10 mins) but past it in terms of my work commute.

I'm pleased.

Rally, do you like Twisted Root? Don't know if they have one in San Antonio but I liked that place.  

I love In'N'Out.  I just find it funny when people compare it to other places that sell gourmet burgers for $10.  They miss the point.  In'N'Out is fast food, they don't charge $9 for a burger.  

They could if they put bacon, avocado and swiss cheese on it.

good comedic comeback, notti. well played.

Rally, do you like Twisted Root? Don't know if they have one in San Antonio but I liked that place.

I love In'N'Out. I just find it funny when people compare it to other places that sell gourmet burgers for $10. They miss the point. In'N'Out is fast food, they don't charge $9 for a burger.

I've never been to Twisted Root. It looks like the closest one is in Lubbock.

I liked In-n-out when we'd get it as a kid on the way out to Vegas. It was a rare treat. Now there's practically 3 in-n-outs in my city (the district is close enough to Irvine, since it's Jamboree-adjacent, and no matter how great their concept and process is, waiting 20 minutes in a drive thru sucks. My wife and kids crave it a lot so, I'll probably still eat it 2-3 times a year.

You look at McDonald's and it's the Chinese restaurant of burger joints. The menu board is busier than a vegas sports book tote board.

I thought I had had Steak 'n Shake coming from spring training but maybe it was whataburger. After the comments here I will have to make a point of hitting that joint. Hopefully it's not as disappointing as Smashburger. After hearing about that for years, I was disgusted.

I used to think the Habit was overhyped, but love the one we have here on Barranca.