• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wire

I'm curious how many episodes in I need to get before something happens that makes this show something more than some dull show about corrupt cops and ghetto blacks, of whom I care little about.

I've gotten 4 episodes in on Season 1 and I'm scratching my head why you all are jerking each other over this show.

The lesbo scenes, they can't get enough.

A lot of people were pissed about Magic City and Boss. Both shows had a cult following and were growing in popularity. I loved how Magic City finished up but it needed to go on. Boss left many story lines open. Power ended the first season very strong and it is definitely coming back for at least a second season. Supposedly 50 Cent is going to have a bigger role in it. The two big shows coming up are the 2nd season of Black Sails and the 2nd part of the first season of Outlander. I thought Black Sails finished up strong.

Our current CEO is the same guy responsible for the Sopranos and the Wire. He is the former CEO of HBO. He is pushing originals hard right now.

Sweet. With how Power ended that makes sense.

I tried but gave up on Boss. Magic City should have gone at least another season, especially how it ended in season 2.

Looking forward to what you guys come up with. I'm really digging the premium original series stuff over recent years.

Doubtful, but any remote chance at someone having a change of heart and finishing up Magic City?

Favorite intros

1. Omar on the stand

2. Snoop buying a nail gun

3. The "lie detector test" that is actually a copier

I'd have to do some real rehashing, but:

****SPOILERS****

Bunk giving Omar the speech.

I forget the dudes name, but the Barksdale guy that claps Method Man. That was an "oh shit" moment.. .same as Omar getting murked, obviously.

Michael turning into some heartless killer.

It didn't hit me then, but years later the main Barksdale drug dealer that got killed on the corner.

Outside of the Bunk speech, the Avon/Stringer encounter to end season 3.

Season 3 was the pinnacle for me, the Barksdale arc with the hamsterdam shit....the Bunny Colvin stuff was pretty real. I wasn't that into season 4 and season 5 wasn't much to talk about.

Sweet. With how Power ended that makes sense.

I tried but gave up on Boss. Magic City should have gone at least another season, especially how it ended in season 2.

Looking forward to what you guys come up with. I'm really digging the premium original series stuff over recent years.

Doubtful, but any remote chance at someone having a change of heart and finishing up Magic City?

It doesn't sound like it.  It is completely dead.  They have moved onto new projects and the money is being thrown elsewhere.  

And Brandon works in a Slim Charles reference. One of my favorite character names ever.

Nice, that's it.

Indeed, solid name. He was a good character and up there in The Wire character rankings.

going against the grain since everyone says omar, I think my favorite was marlo. Dude was just ruthless, but handled shit.

Wallace, though.  Man.

"Where's Wallace, String?"

"Where's Wallace?"

Loved every season on first run, been enjoying it these last few days when I get a chance to watch.

"Where's Wallace, String" is one of the best moments from that show. I wouldn't even know where to start in talking about favorite scenes.

Can't believe you would say Marlo. He was a son of a bitch! Omar is obvious, but for the "bad guys" I liked Bodie, loved Slim Charles and liked Avon too

Marlo made it real. Something that sticks with me in shows like Breaking Bad is how constant and miraculous dudes are in danger and some how get out....it gets to an unbelievable point. But Marlo always shut shit down. It wasn't like the protagonist found another way to get out of an instant death.

Well I'm ticked off.

Just finished the 2nd season and I looked at season 3 episodes.  Lo and behold, HBO only has episodes 3 and 7 from season 3 listed.  What's with that? I looked and they have full season episodes for season 4, but I'm afraid that if I just skip season 3, I'll be missing some important storylines.

Was season 3 any good?  Did something happen in season 3 that I need to know so I won't be lost in season 4?  Thanks in advance.

Well I'm ticked off.

Just finished the 2nd season and I looked at season 3 episodes.  Lo and behold, HBO only has episodes 3 and 7 from season 3 listed.  What's with that? I looked and they have full season episodes for season 4, but I'm afraid that if I just skip season 3, I'll be missing some important storylines.

Was season 3 any good?  Did something happen in season 3 that I need to know so I won't be lost in season 4?  Thanks in advance.

OnDemand?  I just watched the entire season 3 from OnDemand.  You will miss a lot if you skip a season.