• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wire

Ha, I love how this show is legendary.  I have been glued to HBO (shhhhhh, I work for Starz) since Friday.  I didn't watch it today but I am recording seasons 3, 4 and 5 because I can't spend 12 hours a day on the couch like I did yesterday.  Yesterday was awesome.  I don't ever have a chance to sit on my ass like I did yesterday and it was well worth it. 

I love the episode in season 2 that starts out with McNulty completely shit faced and barely functionsl.  He then proceeds to smash his car and then bangs a waitress.  

Ha, I love how this show is legendary. I have been glued to HBO (shhhhhh, I work for Starz) since Friday. I didn't watch it today but I am recording seasons 3, 4 and 5 because I can't spend 12 hours a day on the couch like I did yesterday. Yesterday was awesome. I don't ever have a chance to sit on my ass like I did yesterday and it was well worth it.

I love the episode in season 2 that starts out with McNulty completely shit faced and barely functionsl. He then proceeds to smash his car and then bangs a waitress.

I was going to mention that in the other thread when someone mentioned his meltdowns. That waitress is pretty hard to forget.

Looked up the Wire on Netflix and no go. The local video store doesn't carry it you have to buy each season for $25.

I did see that DVD.Netflix has it, but they want another $7.99 a month to join. Amazon has it but again you have to join. Is Amazon good to join? Good movies?

I found a site online that showed it but I don't know how to hook it to my TV. And not sure if it is in HD

Any advise?

Probably not HD, but if you have a pc you can simply hook up an hdmi and stream it, if you have a mac you need a special cable and then you hopefully have a mac post 2009 or you won't get sound.

They just came out with the updated HD version, so they don't have it out nor have none of us seen it in HD before the past few days....I think a HD DVD set is forthcoming.

I don't know if it's just streaming, but you may want to look at simply signing up with Netflix as they give you a month free and you can watch it then cancel.

Outside of that, because it was originally filmed in 720 you wouldn't miss much simply using a free stream.

Yeah, I actually rented the dvds at blockbuster years ago. Too bad that's not around. It's worth having if you like dvds or collecting them/don't mind the clutter.

I haven't watched the updated version yet, but you may want to sign up with HBO to get HBO Go and watch it there at your own pace. I'm guessing your provider charges 10-15 a month and you can cancel after you're done. But that's how you get the updated HD version without buying the dvd set coming out soon.

At the minimum it's worth that price point if you don't find a good free stream.

I'm curious how many episodes in I need to get before something happens that makes this show something more than some dull show about corrupt cops and ghetto blacks, of whom I care little about.

I've gotten 4 episodes in on Season 1 and I'm scratching my head why you all are jerking each other over this show.

We understand if NCIS and Dancing with the Stars are more your style.

There was a joke on one of the other shows that I watch about how s1 of The Wire can be tough to follow. Thought it was a fair point, at times they throw a lot of information at you in a short time frame. Season 2 was better in that sense but not better as a whole. Still need to watch the other three seasons as I've heard that they're the best. But I can see why someone may not be stoked on it after a few episodes. The intensity doesn't pick up until the latter half of the season.

Kruk, since you're at starz, what happened to Magic City? Was bummed they cancelled it.

Also, what's the plan with Power. I kind of dig that one. Nothing that will blow the doors off, but I like it.

A lot of people were pissed about Magic City and Boss.  Both shows had a cult following and were growing in popularity.  I loved how Magic City finished up but it needed to go on.  Boss left many story lines open.  Power ended the first season very strong and it is definitely coming back for at least a second season.  Supposedly 50 Cent is going to have a bigger role in it.  The two big shows coming up are the 2nd season of Black Sails and the 2nd part of the first season of Outlander.  I thought Black Sails finished up strong.

Our current CEO is the same guy responsible for the Sopranos and the Wire.  He is the former CEO of HBO.  He is pushing originals hard right now.