• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dog catching fails

Yeah, my little guy isn't into it either. When I used to take him to the dog park he'd at least run with the other dogs chasing a ball or whatever an owner threw, now he just looks at them like suckers. Every once in awhile I can throw something out and he may run to it, but he doesn't care pick it up or do anything other than seeing if it's something he can eat or not.

Dogs are the best.

Couldn't agree more.  We are going to rescue another one next year.  

What is funny is my dog is a border collie and will not fetch.  We tried to get him into frisbies but he would have nothing to do with it.  Now if there is a squirrel on the fence he is all over it.  

Edited by 1nutkruk

Dogs are the best.

It's funny, I grew up not liking pets nor wanting them (I was known in the family as "no pets and no kids")....I think I was even a vocal asshole years ago here about the subject.

The misses brought home this little guy from under a relatives neighbors car and I thought I could tolerate him and just prayed he wasn't a little shit that was a yapper. He was a little hyper at first, but the first time he came over to cuddle up on my lap it was a done deal. He's a little defensive/small man syndrome and not the best with strangers or when we have friends over, but overall he's a good dude. We are looking to rescue another similar dog soon so they can keep each other company since our little dude has really bad separation anxiety if we are gone for a long time and it messes up his system.

But yeah, I totally went from anti-dog to super into them because of this little guy:

1537724_10203270042978082_52657905523760

I went from anti-dog to dog lover when I was in my early 20s.  I started hating dogs when I had a paper route in my early teens and I got chased by some nasty dogs.  

We lost our Aussie in November of 2013 so we are thinking about rescuing that breed again.  She didn't fetch either.  We have also rescued a greyhound in the past.  

Yeah, I just got stuck taking care of a bunch of dogs I didn't want or own as a kid.

My fiancé likes and has looked at greyhounds and whippets. Our little guy is probably 3.5-4 now (the vet thinks he was 3-6 months when we got him) and is around 8-8.5 lbs, so we want to stay around that size for the next dog. We went to get dog food a couple weekends ago and almost pulled the trigger on a similar type of mix breed as they were doing the adoptions in store and it just breaks your heart to see these little guys with no home and possibly killed. I think we were ok walking away because the ones close to our were puppies and puppies that cute usually get snatched up.

Hopefully another dog calms down ours. When my fiancé got him she was renting a studio from a big family that had an autistic kid that meant well, but would sneak over to play with him and was way too aggressive with the dog (he literally would trip out in fear and anger when the kid came around) and he's not the best with kids, plus whatever he had to deal with on the streets. We tried different trainers, but no one really goes over how to correct his aggression and focuses on stuff we already do or trained him with......we even had him bell trained.

I thought I could tolerate him and just prayed he wasn't a little shit that was a yapper. He was a little hyper at first, but the first time he came over to cuddle up on my lap i got sex because i put up with this rodent, it was a done deal. He's a little defensive/small man syndrome tiny useless animal and not the best with strangers an annoying punk bitch when we have friends over, but overall he's a good dude i put up with the bullshit because i want more vagina.

I thought I could tolerate him and just prayed he wasn't a little shit that was a yapper. He was a little hyper at first, but the first time he came over to cuddle up on my lap i got sex because i put up with this rodent, it was a done deal. He's a little defensive/small man syndrome tiny useless animal and not the best with strangers an annoying punk bitch when we have friends over, but overall he's a good dude i put up with the bullshit because i want more vagina.

I'm guessing you don't smash much p and are 19 if you think dudes take in animals for some trim.

Lighten up

Small dog = small brain = more BS to deal with

I'll never understand the value in owning an animal that you can pick up and punt across a room.

Seems like more of a burden than anything.

Dude....did you have some bad experience with dogs in the past? 

My friends Corgi, which is considered a small dog is well trained, and pretty damn smart. 

Corgis are smart.  A friend has one.  That's as small of a dog as I have had experience with that is fun to hang with.

Aren't they herding dogs?  Some breeds are inherently smarter than others, but size definitely plays a big role in that.

Yeah, I just got stuck taking care of a bunch of dogs I didn't want or own as a kid.

My fiancé likes and has looked at greyhounds and whippets. Our little guy is probably 3.5-4 now (the vet thinks he was 3-6 months when we got him) and is around 8-8.5 lbs, so we want to stay around that size for the next dog. We went to get dog food a couple weekends ago and almost pulled the trigger on a similar type of mix breed as they were doing the adoptions in store and it just breaks your heart to see these little guys with no home and possibly killed. I think we were ok walking away because the ones close to our were puppies and puppies that cute usually get snatched up.

Hopefully another dog calms down ours. When my fiancé got him she was renting a studio from a big family that had an autistic kid that meant well, but would sneak over to play with him and was way too aggressive with the dog (he literally would trip out in fear and anger when the kid came around) and he's not the best with kids, plus whatever he had to deal with on the streets. We tried different trainers, but no one really goes over how to correct his aggression and focuses on stuff we already do or trained him with......we even had him bell trained.

Greyhounds are awesome family dogs.  They are actually the complete opposite of what people perceive them to be.  They are known as the "50 MPH couch potato" with incredible kind personalities.  We adopted Reggie literally two weeks after he was retired.  He was probably two weeks away from being put down which was was the norm for these poor racers.  We had to teach him how to walk up and down stairs.  

Edited by 1nutkruk

Corgis are smart.  A friend has one.  That's as small of a dog as I have had experience with that is fun to hang with.

Aren't they herding dogs?  Some breeds are inherently smarter than others, but size definitely plays a big role in that.

Aussies and Border Collies are herding dogs.  My Aussie would try to herd the lawn mower when I mowed the back yard.  It is pretty hilarious.  

I've come across dogs of all shapes and sizes have differing intelligence, even the same breeds.

I am around a St. Bernard quite a bit that is dumb as rocks. Our dog is trick trained, bell trained, and command trained. And I've seen the complete opposites for those breeds.