• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unreal

Brandon

Their job is to challenge costs to pay less.

If you're going to a doctor in their network you won't generally have issues.

Not really.

If you are in network that means you are seeing a doctor that we already have contracted rates for.

If you are out of network it means you don't and government regulations make it nearly impossible to challenge the amount that they are charging insurance companies.  That is why the member responsibility is higher for out of network doctors.

Did they give you discounts on meds for your family and friends?

Negotiations ongoing. I doubt it nor do I care.

One of them is pill poppers, but the regulations on crossing state lines with drugs makes it a tight ship. The other does the same but wants to focus on BHRT...which is hormone replacement therapy and is a booming industry, especially with women.

Taking as much control and power AWAY from the Government is fine with me.

Yeah, because Medicare is such a sham.

I would rather not have some goddamn bean counter, whose only consideration is the profit margin, making decisions about my healthcare.

At least the government, in theory, would be neutral. Not so much the insurance companies.

If she refuses to pay, the hospital will just write off the costs. 

That's part of the problem.

Who gets to foot the bill when the hospital doesn't get paid?

This is what most of the anti "government (socialized) healthcare" folks don't get. By not having a viable way for hospitals to get paid every time they see a patient, everybody else has to pay more. So the fact that our healthcare is still primarily a "free enterprise" system, everybody who uses the services pays more than he or she would normally because hospitals have to pass the cost along.