• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Torii

Troll Daddy

Torii is past prime, so no.

That said, theres some sretching going on here. Hates gays? No, he expressed his opinion (which unfortunately is still more common than people like to think). Bashed arte? The angels did in fact shut him out and sign hamilton to far more money than he was asking. Say what you want, but hunter was one of the better contracts we had ever signed (current era), was a good teamate, and a fan favorite. If your girlfriend said she needed space and jumped into a new relationship, im sure youd have an opinion too.

The 'imposters' thing got blown way the hell out of proportion. He made a solid point, and used one wrong word and people went apeshit. He said mlb doesnt have many black players (true) and said the casual fan sees dominican players and assume theyre black based on appearance but theyre not. Personally, i dont care if mlb has a 1000 black players or zero, i just want to see the best players compete. But he was asked a specific question and he answered it (and regardless, someones always gonna get butthurt when race is discussed).

Say no to the guy based on diminished skills. Some of the hate im reading on here is funny though...

You are talking pure bull$hit.

1. History has proved Hunter correct on the first point. Moreno wanted and promised to re-sign Hunter, who finished red hot with us. Moreno never imagined Hunter would get an offer as large the Detroit one and apologetically let him walk because there was not a budget for that contract.  We then signed Hamilton for waaaaaaay more. Hunter was right and no fan in their right mind would do that deal the same way again. 

2. Hunter made a distinction between Black players and Dominican players. He was right that they should not be lumped together. His wordage was poor, but HE IS A BASEBALL PLAYER, not after school PC children's show host.

3. You are demonizing Hunter because his son was not guilty?

What is your problem? 

Edited by Erstad Grit

Personally, I don't see the Angels signing Torii.

I don't know why being past his prime has anything to do with signing him on a one year deal. The guy still has plenty left in the tank. He's a energy guy who can still produce at the plate and affordable.

I don't have a whole of faith in Cron for next season. I do think he will develop over time .

Personally, I don't see the Angels signing Torii.

I don't know why being past his prime has anything to do with signing him on a one year deal. The guy still has plenty left in the tank. He's a energy guy who can still produce at the plate and affordable.

I don't have a whole of faith in Cron for next season. I do think he will develop over time .

So did Ibanez... allegedly

Sorry Oz .., saying Cron is significantly better than Torii has to be one of the most idiotic statements I've heard.

Putting Torii on the level of Ibanez is the second most idiotic.

Both Cron and Hunter should only really play at DH, although Cron is far better in the field than Hunter. There offensive stats are pretty similar...one is 24 and plays for the league minimum, one is 38 and will get several million. One should improve, one is clearly on the decline.

Cron is an infitely better DH option than Hunter.

geez -- why some of the nasty comments about Torii?

He did good things for us and was always a positive force in the clubhouse.

as for 'running his mouth' after he left -- Yes, he made some comments but only commented after the Halos signed Hamilton to that terrible expensive five year deal (which was universally dis-liked by Angelswin.com posters on the day the contract was announced !) after Arte and F/O made comments that they couldn't afford Torii and were going in a different direction (we thought pitching) with respect to spending.

Hunter just made the remark -- GEEZ, they tell me they don't have the payroll room/ flexibility to sign me and then they sign Hamilton to THAT deal?

I agreed with Torii's comments and thought the Angels made a mistake then (and certainly now upon reflection).  I thought it was an honest reaction by Torii Hunter based upon what he was told by Arte and the F/O...........and I would have liked to have had the Halos re-sign Torii back then but understood why they did not -- however, like Torii's comments -- I couldn't understand the combination of NOT signing Torii and then giving Hamilton that deal........made and still makes no sense.

oh well.

I will always root for Torii Hunter whatever uni he's wearing and feel he will be in the HOF.