• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sweet strike three call to end the Rangers game

The only way(s) you could defend that call is either:

a.) you're blind/you need new glasses

b.) you're related to Nathan/Foster

c.) you're just trying to rial people up because work is boring.

Asking if people are umpires is irrelevant. I checked out sbnation..clicked the Rangers site and even they said it was a horrible call. Aj thought it was a ball, Nathan and Foster, too.

Have I seen bad calls go the A's way? Of course. One game where they were playing the Twins...down 11 or 13 runs...Gio got lit up..came all the way back...someone threw a wild pitch and it went the A's way. I'm sure some people here remember that game.

If that happened to Balfour, Wilhelmsen, Nathan, Veras or Frieri...you'd get the same reaction from me.

Brian, you need to realize that you are arguing with someone who is currently on an eight day bender of watching 10 seasons of Friends.

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/1440-friends-is-the-best-sitcom-of-all-time/

I have found that most girls who like Friends are pretty tough to have a decent conversation with. 

Ok, LAA, was it a strike? What is your professional opinion? Face it everybody the only reason we care about this is because it helps the Rangers. If this call went against the Rangers and the Rays had one, we would be laughing it off. I don't want electronic strike zone, I wouldn't mind expanded replays, but not to the extent of ruining the tradition or flow of a game.

Ok, LAA, was it a strike? What is your professional opinion? Face it everybody the only reason we care about this is because it helps the Rangers. If this call went against the Rangers and the Rays had one, we would be laughing it off. I don't want electronic strike zone, I wouldn't mind expanded replays, but not to the extent of ruining the tradition or flow of a game.

Tradition or flow of the game. You mean like when a manager goes out to argue balls and strikes or an out for 10 minutes while the fans just scream. Instant replay cures all or at least most. Baseball and tradition is soooo over rated. Cheating, racism and drugs are baseballs tradition. Baseball should get into the 21st century and maybe they wouldn't be a laughing stock by ratings standards to Preseason NFL games.

Tradition or flow of the game. You mean like when a manager goes out to argue balls and strikes or an out for 10 minutes while the fans just scream. Instant replay cures all or at least most. Baseball and tradition is soooo over rated. Cheating, racism and drugs are baseballs tradition. Baseball should get into the 21st century and maybe they wouldn't be a laughing stock by ratings standards to Preseason NFL games.

who doesnt like it when managers argue..i think it's f'n awesome and fun to watch

who doesnt like it when managers argue..i think it's f'n awesome and fun to watch

Fun to watch? So instead of watching a replay on the big screen and getting it right. You would rather see Mike go out there argue, not solve anything but to just piss and moan about a bad call then either get kicked out or return to the dug out pissed off? Could you imagine if other sports did this? Football instead of instant replay Harbaugh just yelling at the ref for 10 minutes while nothing is actually accomplished? 

Fun to watch? So instead of watching a replay on the big screen and getting it right. You would rather see Mike go out there argue, not solve anything but to just piss and moan about a bad call then either get kicked out or return to the dug out pissed off? Could you imagine if other sports did this? Football instead of instant replay Harbaugh just yelling at the ref for 10 minutes while nothing is actually accomplished? 

yes

Kevin there is no reliable camera angle to determine balls and strikes.

I can say for a fact that none of the people posting hate for umpires in this thread has even attempted their job in any fashion, let alone upper-level baseball.

You people couldn't even umpire a decent Pinto game.

Hate mongers. 

Oh the amount of butthurt has reached critical levels. Someone get laagamer a bandaid for his boom boom boo boo.

Says who? and isn't there a ball and strike computer system in half the ball parks to see if the umpires are making correct calls. So yes I am sure there is one.

You are thinking in your industry Eric.  The technology is there to accurately call balls and strikes electronically.  There is no need for a review... the pitch is thrown the the result is sent to the scoreboard.  Let the bumbling idiot in blue/black be there to call someone safe or out.... and still go to a replay if its close.