• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sweet strike three call to end the Rangers game

You are thinking in your industry Eric.  The technology is there to accurately call balls and strikes electronically.  There is no need for a review... the pitch is thrown the the result is sent to the scoreboard.  Let the bumbling idiot in blue/black be there to call someone safe or out.... and still go to a replay if its close.

Agreed 100%!!! We have the technology to not get things right we should. In before someone says but thats the beauty of the game the human element you mean "error".

Agreed 100%!!! We have the technology to not get things right we should. In before someone says but thats the beauty of the game the human element you mean "error".

Kevin - the beauty of the game IS the human element.  The human element OF THE PLAYERS (fighting the sun on a pop fly, misjudging a line drive, not holding up on a check swing, etc) - not the umpires.  I don't want to know the umpires names.  If I do know them, something went wrong.

Oh good grief.  It was just another in a series of blatantly bad calls the MLB impaired (uhh, umpires) are prone to make.  Bullet points:

- The outcome of a game was erroneously decided early by the call (who knows if Longoria would plate anybody?)

- A game won in this division counts - the West is a dogfight without a truly clear favorite

- I shouldn't criticize 'all' umpires for call failures, I umpired 14 years at the HS, College, and Indy level and made some bad calls

- This stuff happens a lot on ball/strike counts.  Somehow it doesn't seem as important as safe/out or fair/foul

- Replay via video consultation is allowed on HR or not a HR.  More replay could and might turn watching baseball into a commercial filled long night on one's butt if one is watching television and not at the game.  

- Marty Foster didn't have a particularly good night.  Both teams could have quibbled all during last night's game.

If I screwed up that badly on an account I managed at work, I WOULD BE FIRED. 

You're super sensitive if you find what I posted offensive. 

cry-baby-blog.jpg

Very mature of you. What a nice guy. 

And I'm glad you equate blowing 1 strike call with job terminating failure. 

Because he doesn't have 250+ opportunities to make the same mistake. 

Either way, why don't you keep your day job man. I don't think you have the gull to be an umpire. 

youre offended over a comment directed at another umpire?

wow..pretty sensitive.

Pretty narrow-minded in here. Just trying to give umps some support.

If calling someone a jerk when they make a bonehead comment is "sensitive", then yes I am. 

I'd like to see any of you do better. 

I'd like to see any of you do better. 

Is there any stupider thing to say about anything than that? Jeff Mathis is a much better major league hitter than I am. Vernon Wells is too. Hell, Bobby Abreu and Juan Rivera even man corner OF spots better than I could. Does that mean I was wrong to criticize them when they were Angels?

Is there any stupider thing to say about anything than that? Jeff Mathis is a much better major league hitter than I am. Vernon Wells is too. Hell, Bobby Abreu and Juan Rivera even man corner OF spots better than I could. Does that mean I was wrong to criticize them when they were Angels?

That's ridiculous. 

Were they the best in the world at their profession? 

That's ridiculous. 

Were they the best in the world at their profession? 

This umpire is? He's in the top group of umpires in the world, Mathis et al are/were in the top group of players. What's the difference?

lol, this is just getting sad.

This umpire is? He's in the top group of umpires in the world, Mathis et al are/were in the top group of players. What's the difference?

lol, this is just getting sad.

Sigh

Whatever man, if you dont want to debate then dont. I just feel sorry for the guy.

Become an umpire, blow some calls (inevitable), then see how you feel when people treat you like garbage.

Shows peoples true character.

Sigh

Whatever man, if you dont want to debate then dont. I just feel sorry for the guy.

Become an umpire, blow some calls (inevitable), then see how you feel when people treat you like garbage. dont cry when the blown calls are discussed by fans

Shows peoples true character.

are all umpires as sensitive to critisim as you or do they accept negative comments as part of the job?

Says who? and isn't there a ball and strike computer system in half the ball parks to see if the umpires are making correct calls. So yes I am sure there is one.

Ok, you are taking this the wrong way just to prove your weak ass point, There is currently no reliable camera angle for home plate balls and strikes mounted in any stadium because of the eye line rules. Center field is off limits for anything other than the neutral background and would require MLB in conjunction with the players union to place any camera in direct line of sight of the batter.