• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sweet strike three call to end the Rangers game

Foster admitted later that it was a bad call.

I thought I read somewhere after Jim Joyce blew the Armando Galarraga perfect game that umps were no longer allowed to talk to media after a game. Might be wrong. MLB loves protecting their crappy officiating instead of realizing in 2013, it's really a burden to the game. 

So, does anything actually happen to chump umps like this who ruin games?

Nope.

Edited to add, Or do they just go on to ump Angels games?

Yup.

You'd also have to be blind to ignore the fact that baseball history is littered with Angel teams who have gotten the royal screw job from umpires on so many blatantly wrong calls and bias justifications that have affected the outcome of so many games and seasons. It's why I love them: they don't get a break. They earn their victories.

I thought I read somewhere after Jim Joyce blew the Armando Galarraga perfect game that umps were no longer allowed to talk to media after a game. Might be wrong. MLB loves protecting their crappy officiating instead of realizing in 2013, it's really a burden to the game. 

Nope.

Yup.

You'd also have to be blind to ignore the fact that baseball history is littered with Angel teams who have gotten the royal screw job from umpires on so many blatantly wrong calls and bias justifications that have affected the outcome of so many games and seasons. It's why I love them: they don't get a break. They earn their victories.

every team not named the yankees gets screwed by umpires. and this umpire was calling pitches down the middle balls so it evened out.

You guys are way over-reacting. It wasn't a terrible call at all - check out the Fangraphs article because you can see through slow motion that it was at least close to the strike zone when it crossed the plate. It is just that Pierzynski did poor glove work.

i thought you were joking but i read the article which shows the call wasn't that bad. the gifs show the ball crossing the plate at zobrist's knees and then falling sharply to the right. pierzynski's handling of it made it look worse than it was and i commend the umpire for not focusing on "framing"