• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hillary Clinton says businesses don’t create jobs.

Jay

She certainly did. That's what was idiotic. She was creating a strawman that effectively says, "If you believe that businesses create jobs, you must be a proponent of trickle down economics."

It would kind of be like saying, "If you believe in global warming, you must be a proponent of the Boston Red Sox." Non sequitur, etc.

i asked a yes or no question. your response was "straw man." 

Come to think of it Hillary's view may be guided by her own household's experience.  There is a pretty long history of the government creating jobs for her and her husband the last several decades.  

Bill and Hillary must've wondered where they went wrong when Chelsea that gig with NBC "News."  I wonder how the business of NBC didn't create that job.  Wait...don't answer that. 

“Trickle down economics has failed. I short-handed this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear about what I’ve been saying for a couple of decades,” she said. “Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in America and workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out — not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

Isn't that pretty much the definition of the economy growing? Businesses expanding and creating jobs? Is her point that the economy grows when the economy grows? It sounds like the equivalent to "The Angels do well when they outscore their opponents in games."

"Senator Hillary Clinton was invited to address a major gathering of the  American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upper New York State. She spoke  for almost an hour on her future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living, should she one day become the first female President. She referred to her career as a New York Senator, how she had signed "YES" for every Indian issue that came to her desk for approval.

Although the Senator was vague on the details of her plan, she seemed  most enthusiastic about her future ideas for helping her "red sisters and brothers." At the conclusion of her speech, the Tribes presented the Senator with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name - Walking Eagle. The proud Senator then departed in her motorcade, waving to the crowds.

A news reporter later inquired to the group of chiefs of how they come to select the new name given to the Senator. They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit it is unable to fly."

I sure hope that the GOP gives us a viable opponent for Clinton - no one named Bachmann or Palin need apply. I normally vote Democratic in presidential elections, but I have never been a Hillary fan. She is just coat-tailing on her husband's popularity.

Comedian Kathleen Madigan has a good joke about this in her comedy routine. Talking about the first time Obama ran for President, she said that she told her father that she supported Hillary. When he asked why, she told him about all the time Hillary spent in the White House, saying she had more experience than Obama. He said "Your mother has lived in this house for 30 years. That doesn't make her a G*ddamned attorney (her father is a lawyer)."

I sure hope that the GOP gives us a viable opponent for Clinton - no one named Bachmann or Palin need apply. I normally vote Democratic in presidential elections, but I have never been a Hillary fan. She is just coat-tailing on her husband's popularity.

Comedian Kathleen Madigan has a good joke about this in her comedy routine. Talking about the first time Obama ran for President, she said that she told her father that she supported Hillary. When he asked why, she told him about all the time Hillary spent in the White House, saying she had more experience than Obama. He said "Your mother has lived in this house for 30 years. That doesn't make her a G*ddamned attorney (her father is a lawyer)."

The Republicans need a major image makeover and it should start with getting the Palins and Bachmanns of the world as far away from the nomination process as possible. The fact that they've been involved in that process the last two elections sends a message to a lot of voters (especially the younger ones, IMO) that the party as a whole considers their ideas worthy of consideration.

The Republicans need a major image makeover and it should start with getting the Palins and Bachmanns of the world as far away from the nomination process as possible. The fact that they've been involved in that process the last two elections sends a message to a lot of voters (especially the younger ones, IMO) that the party as a whole considers their ideas worthy of consideration.

The Republican party and the Democratic party are both full of elitist morons that are out of touch with what Americans actually want and need.

The Republican party and the Democratic party are both full of elitist morons that are out of touch with what Americans actually want and need.

True, but at least the Democrats didn't run a man with multiple houses and a staff of servants who tried to pretend that he knew what the rest of us were going through. I could have even excused that had he given me one single reason to vote for him. All I heard from him was that he planned to throw a lot more money into the military, but no explanation as to why.