• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weird feeling

Bruce Nye

I will always root for Lackey. Guy pitched the most important game in Angel history and won. 2002 was a magical time for me and my family. I was lucky enough to go to every playoff game that season.

Good times! I never understood the hate for him. The horse jokes I understood lol

Edited by Troll Daddy

I will always root for Lackey. Guy pitched the most important game in Angel history and won. 2002 was a magical time for me and my family. I was lucky enough to go to every playoff game that season.

Good times! I never understood the hate for him. The horse jokes I understood lol

The hate for him is way over blown.

He got blasted for saying he wanted to get paid top dollar:  Very few people wouldn't want to get paid top dollar.  Plus Lackey already gave us an extension.

He got blasted for saying Boston fans are more enthused than Angel fans (to a Boston paper).  First, everyone going to a new team will say great things about their new team.  Second, HE IS RIGHT.  As a whole Boston fans are much more enthused than the Angels.  This isn't a knock to the die hard Angel fans.  It is a knock to the fair weather fans who get excited hitting a beach ball or doing the wave during key parts of a game.

He does deserve the knock for being a douche to his wife.  Leaving the woman while she if fighting cancer.....Douche of the Year.

He got blasted for saying he wanted to get paid top dollar:  Very few people wouldn't want to get paid top dollar.  Plus Lackey already gave us an extension.

He got blasted for saying Boston fans are more enthused than Angel fans (to a Boston paper).  First, everyone going to a new team will say great things about their new team.  Second, HE IS RIGHT.  As a whole Boston fans are much more enthused than the Angels.  This isn't a knock to the die hard Angel fans.  It is a knock to the fair weather fans who get excited hitting a beach ball or doing the wave during key parts of a game.

He does deserve the knock for being a douche to his wife.  Leaving the woman while she if fighting cancer.....Douche of the Year.

The thing about being a douche to his wife...very possible, but it is also possible SHE left him...it is hard to judge not knowing.  I judge him more for being a douche to his teammates.  That is just plain embarassing for everyone involved and wrong.

Players that go to new teams should realize that everything they say is going to be known....Hamilton said something equally stupid upon leaving Texas.

Bottom line IS that he was a big part of 2002 and that can't be erased.  Love his intensity but hate his intensity. 

Even though we all know this is true (that they want to get paid top dollar), it's not something that is normally vocalized.

As far as Chowds being more enthusiastic than Angel fans, he is absolutely right. Anybody who has spent any time in Boston can see this.

Leaving his wife while fighting cancer gets him the Newt Gingrich Memorial Award. Asshat.

I was in Fenway Pawk during an inter-league game against the Atlanta Braves.  It was close game with the Braves ahead when John Rocker (yeah - remember him?) started warming up.  The bull pen area is in right field.  The entire RF bleachers stood up and began chanting "Yankees Suck!"

So in terms of being more vocal, the Chowds are especially loud for one team.  Rocker was an easy target, but he was completely ignored.

(Yeah, I know - small sample size.)