• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT: 9/27/14 Angels @ M's

All I can say is I'm in a neck and neck race in a points league that will be determined tomorrow. I'm really happy that I have Price and Hernandez now throwing in meaningful games. Other than that, there's a lot of playoff deciding baseball being played tomorrow and for someone who doesn't watch NFL, that's a good thing!

Edited by gurn67

Green is bad that's why he didn't go home. If yours playing in on the infield to not give up the run, you go home with the ball. If they were going for the double play, they would have been playing at double play depth

The ball wasn't hit hard enough for double play depth.

MLB is happy with that result

loooots of games tomorrow that mean something

Det/KC for division/WC1

Oak/Sea for WC2

StL/Pit for Division/WC1

Hopes there's lots of ties tomorrow and our first round opponent needs to burn up one of their best starters in a tie-breaker.

Edited by gurn67

I know some people like the fact we're losing to these idiots but I really didn't want the season bookended by sweeps to these punchless wonders. The offense is ice cold and that's the thing that will keep them afloat through the ALDS.

Honestly, they'll either hit or they won't. I saw an Angels' wild card team come into post-season and hit like the 1927 Yankees and I've seen a couple of Angels' teams that were arguably the best team in baseball come in and hit like the 2014 Padres. What they do in the last week of the season with a three day layoff won't affect them one bit.

I know some people like the fact we're losing to these idiots but I really didn't want the season bookended by sweeps to these punchless wonders. The offense is ice cold and that's the thing that will keep them afloat through the ALDS.

It's a clean slate come Thursday. I don't mind them getting a little reality check before the playoffs. 

Honestly, the season depends on game 1 if Shoemaker can't go. I know that's a pessimistic outlook. But being down 0-1 with CJ going in game 2 of a 5 game series is a tall order for any offense

What does that have to do with anything? The point is they weren't even lined up on double play depth, they were playing in to not give up the run. They didn't know before hand how hard the ball was going to be hit.

They did not to be on DP depth b/c they had a 5-man infield.

Looking back and realizing it was Jackson hitting, if the ball needed to be transferred for a DP, going home would have been better .

I think the offense is just tired.  They haven't had a whole lot of time to rest of as late.  They've had two days off in the last 42 games.  Heck, they went on a stretch where they had one day off in 40 games up until this recent off day a couple days ago.  I'm sure that's not easy to do and they'll use a good breather next week.

Since clinching, we've been 3-6, outscored 40-28.

Yeah, these games haven't really meant anything (except HFA), but I certainly did not want them to be this cold going into the playoffs.

Color me a little concerned.