• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT: 9/27/14 Angels @ M's

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels lineup: Calhoun RF, Trout CF, Pujols DH, Kendrick 2B, Freese 3B, Aybar SS, Iannetta C, Cron 1B, Cowgill LF; Wilson SP. #Mariners

CF
LF
2B
DH
3B
 Kyle Seager (L)
1B
RF
C
SS

LAA: C.J. Wilson (L)  (13-10, 4.61)
SEA: James Paxton (L)  (6-4, 3.16)

Absolutely stupid that the regulars are playing. If anyone gets injured this is on Scioscia. There is no need to risk any further injury for a game that means nothing.

It's called integrity of the game. The game doesn't mean nothing in baseball terms it just has little to no meaning for the Angels. If the Angels were in the A's situation you would be pissed if the team playing the team chasing the Angels played their scrubs.

It's called integrity of the game. The game doesn't mean nothing in baseball terms it just has little to no meaning for the Angels. If the Angels were in the A's situation you would be pissed if the team playing the team chasing the Angels played their scrubs.

Not really, all the A's have to do is win. What the M's/Angels do is irrelevent.

Why does the A's having a big lead matter in terms of decision-making about whether or not to rest your own team?

What am I missing?

I'm talking about taking them out of the game in the late innings if Oakland is leading by a large margin late in their game.

Their magic number is 1 for the wild card. The game starts an hour earlier, so if it's over and Oakland has won, there's also no reason to keep your starters in anymore, because Seattle would be eliminated.

An Oakland win eliminates Seattle.

@MikeDiGiovanna: Josh Hamilton says "no doubt" he's ready for playoffs. Said #Angels MGR Mike Scioscia: "I'm not that confident."

@JeffFletcherOCR: #Angels Mike Scioscia said, despite Josh Hamilton's confidence, he isn't sure he'll be ready for playoffs. "He has to show us some things."

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan

Why the f should we care about the A's, or where they are in the standings?  There are 2 games left and we need to be rested and healthy for the playoffs.  I would hate to see Trout or any of our regulars go down with an injury because we had to respect the "integrity of the game."

Why the f should we care about the A's, or where they are in the standings? There are 2 games left and we need to be rested and healthy for the playoffs. I would hate to see Trout or any of our regulars go down with an injury because we had to respect the "integrity of the game."

I get your concern, but you have to respect the game. I don't quite understand why you don't get that. We wouldn't want another team to lay down if we were in the same situation. It's less about caring about the A's and more about playing the game the right way.

I get your concern, but you have to respect the game. I don't quite understand why you don't get that. We wouldn't want another team to lay down if we were in the same situation. It's less about caring about the A's and more about playing the game the right way.

It only ruins the integrity of the game if it's done on purpose to allow the M's into the playoffs and knock the A's out. If it's done for rest there is no problem.