• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

laser eye surgery

Schildog

I am having LASIK tomorrow at 1PM.  I have been told that I will need reading glasses for things close but I am ok with that.  I can't wait to get rid of my glasses and I want to be able to see far.  

good luck, nut. hope all goes well.

i was told i'd need reading glasses in about two years. that was eleven years ago. just started wearing them this summer, but it's been totally worth having the surgery and i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

good luck, nut. hope all goes well.

i was told i'd need reading glasses in about two years. that was eleven years ago. just started wearing them this summer, but it's been totally worth having the surgery and i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks.  I have been told that I may not need them but buy a cheap pair just to have on hand.  I have been wearing glasses since college (20+ years) and I am done with them.  Everybody I know that has had LASIk have nothing but good things to say about it.  I have two colleagues that had the surgery at the place I am going to and they gave glowing reviews.  It is not cheap but it will be worth it.  I just hope I will be normal enough by Sunday to watch football.  

No but I would rather be far sighted with the reading glasses if need be.

Also, the cost covers lifetime adjustments if needed.

i didn't think so.

the reason I asked was because 2 years sounded too soon from my experience and everyone i know that has gone through the procedure.

i wouldn't even worry about it.

Edited by Lou

OK, the procedure went smoothly on Friday.  I had a follow up appointment with my eye doctor on Saturday morning and my vision is already 20/20.  I can't believe how cool it is.  The only thing that sucks is all the drops I have to put in my eyes but that is temporary. 

Put the drops in your pants pocket so they get up to body temp

OK, the procedure went smoothly on Friday. I had a follow up appointment with my eye doctor on Saturday morning and my vision is already 20/20. I can't believe how cool it is. The only thing that sucks is all the drops I have to put in my eyes but that is temporary.

*High five

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine done at age 22. Within just a few years, I needed glasses again for driving at night, movies, baseball games, etc. Eight years after, I couldn't pass my drivers test without visual aid.

I am happy I had it done, but wonder if I got it done at too young of an age.

I was told that the eyes stabilize at around 25 years old. That means your corneas had 3 years or so to reshape.

Have you ever considered an "enhancement"?

I would consider it, definitely. Right now I can get by without my glasses at work, so I am not quite blind to the point where I am really impaired (I think my prescription is a 1.00).

Had it done this morning, like 4 hours ago.

Just woke up from a valium/xanax dream slumber.

I can see, and it's friggin sweet

The valium is a must. I was actually in a lot of discomfort after, and the only thing that helped was a nap, made possible only by the valium.

Had my first follow-up.

20/20 in my right eye, and a little better than that in my left.

Doc says my vision is 90% of whatever the final result will be.

For those of you that have had it, did your vision improve in the days/weeks following the procedure?